PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Mod for Iris Alpha 1

PSPdemon
April 3rd, 2006, 04:02
(News of a New Game created from the 3D Homebrew FPS Iris)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snap0005.jpg

Hi,

I know stewie is going to get mad at me for this but... i am not going to be on the comp for a while and thought that it would be nice to atleast give the public a alpha :D

So, here it is... the First release of Star Wars mod for Iris...

Known Bugs.

-the map does tend to "chug" on certain areas of the map
-somtimes the character skins decide to go haywire and look messed up.

Wanting to add in the next version.

-more maps
-more choices between characters

Hopefully, we will be able to make map packs and model packs at a later date :)

Thanks to Stewie2280 and $n!pR for helping me get the screenshots of the places so i could make that map :D

Please do report any bugs you may come across and give us some ideas about what you would like to see.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

DPyro
April 3rd, 2006, 04:02
Good work PSPdemon :)

stotheamuel
April 3rd, 2006, 04:23
looks Amazing!

specially for an alpha

wraggster
April 3rd, 2006, 06:35
awesome news, anyone got screens :)

idapimp
April 3rd, 2006, 07:05
sweet

Stewie2280
April 3rd, 2006, 07:09
nah not mad i was gonna go on msn asking if we should release the alpha but you bet me to it

nomi
April 3rd, 2006, 12:06
i have a question. can we combine both the iris as in add player modeles with the original iris and add the maps with it! would that work?

PSPdemon
April 3rd, 2006, 14:35
nomi,

Yes you could do that, just place the old characters and the textures in the "Players" and "Textures" folder...

sroon
April 3rd, 2006, 15:04
Does this have 2 player?

Voltron
April 3rd, 2006, 17:02
This sounds very cool indeed!

vettacossx
April 3rd, 2006, 17:06
cool mod does antone know anything about the halo mod? i thought i had seen somthing saying that a sd order was put out to sece and disist or whatever is that true? no halo mod allowed? denied?

RedKing14CA
April 3rd, 2006, 19:03
From what I heard and saw, there was a half-noob guy making a "menu" for iris with photoshop... and was wanting to put it in iris and had dreams of making the mastercheif and some covenant, and all that jazz...

But it kinda disappeared. i know there was a screenshot released of a bunch of master cheif models killing eachother on iris, but someone said the models were ripped from halo 1, and i think it was a different devoloper (not the menu guy).

Its kinda disappeared since...

microsoft would not want this coming out on the PSP because they are making a handheld, but it will not come out for like 5 years or something...

Its suppose to be exactly like the XBox 1.... Same grapics and gameplay....

Gonna be hecka easy (if they succeed) to put XBox games on it, all developers will have to do is port 'em, you know?

Well... Thats all I know about it, they could totally change everything and just make it a cell phone with gaming capability...

sadly i cant remember what they code named it... one of the mountains, you know...

oh well... so they might have been sent a message saying to "siece and desist" and junk...

PSPdemon
April 3rd, 2006, 19:18
that was me :D i was making it, but microsoft shut me down :(

Mysteryman
April 3rd, 2006, 21:21
Its pretty cool, i just hope/wish we're able to use lightsabers on it one day.

nyrtrublue
April 3rd, 2006, 23:03
This is mad cool nice job!
If you make another mod i think that a simpsons mod would be cool. I would try it but i have no idea what im doin.

PSPdemon
April 4th, 2006, 00:51
Update time!!! :D

I am almost finished with "Up High" map, hopefully if i can get the textures done by the end of the week... i might be able to release the first map pack :)

also, if i can get the other characters, i will release a character pack as well... but only time can tell.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PS. has anyone had any bugs or problems? just wonderin

AtariFreek
April 4th, 2006, 03:22
Actually Red King, The So Called "X-Box Portable" At The Site <a href="www.origamiproject.net">Here</a> Is Just A Handheld PC Computer But Not An Actuall Game Console. Anyway, Back On Topic, This Mod Is GREAT!!!!! You Should Try Making A Mustafar Level, And Lightsabers And *Droool* PRINCESS LEAH AS A SLAVE IN JABBAS PALACE. J/K, But Great Mod!!!

P.S Srry The Link Doesnt Work, Go To www.origamiproject.net

stotheamuel
April 4th, 2006, 03:55
www.origamiproject.net[/url]

suuuuure you were kidding lol

vettacossx
April 4th, 2006, 07:15
It Would Be Awsome With Lightsabers And Even Better With The Throw And Return Sabers Or Force Powers !!

nightmare666
April 4th, 2006, 07:25
the only problem or bug i had is that the health meeter thingy keeps on blinking and the original iris didnt i think anyways besides that no bugs
not like this was one

Stewie2280
April 4th, 2006, 07:45
that happens in the original iris
there is no code modifications only graphic things:)

PSPdemon
April 5th, 2006, 04:14
will post them asap... check back in a few :D

( Note: this map is just with one texture and not the finished product... just wantin to show you what up for a map pack :D )

Edit: i do have some good news... it runs about 2x as fast than the old one...but we will see when i add all the textures

Edit 2: i know they are dark... but when i get the textures done a little bit ill update these screens so you can see a little more detail in the map. :D

stotheamuel
April 5th, 2006, 04:23
i think it always blunk (past of blink?)

hmm i can see through the walls when up against them from time to time
and game froze once
the characters ai forces them to run into a wall
i also dont like darth vaders right shoulder.. you can kinda see his hand

most of this happened before tho so s'all good

Sukate
April 5th, 2006, 04:57
Very cool need to try this out asap!

Stealth Kill
April 5th, 2006, 11:03
my stormtrooper for iris sw mod.i make a better one later

PSPdemon