PDA

View Full Version : New Colors of Faceplates for PSP: Orange and Black Matte in Stock, Sunny Yellow Soon

wraggster
April 3rd, 2006, 16:11
News From Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3831&lsaid=219793)

We have received today two more shades of the popular replacement faceplates for the Sony PSP. Arriving just in time for Dutch fans to have something that make them stand out in the crowds next June when attending the clash of their Netherlands heroes with Argentina in Frankfurt, the Agent Orange mask is available now. Also in stock are the Orange buttons that go along. Now, I just wish the maker produces some Brazilian and Argentinian editions of their covers... or a Jamaican flag version of it, but don't ask me what actually ended up bringing my mind to that suggestion ;)

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/faceplates/thumb/psp-orange-faceplate7.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/content/faceplates/thumb/psp-orange-faceplate4.jpg

The second new flavor on the menu is the Black Matte faceplate. Without glossy coating of any kind, it looks similar to the solid black color of a Dual Shock 2. It will for sure please people with sweaty or greasy hands and anti-fingerprints activists. All of the above is in stock now, and so are the previously released faceplates from the same manufacturer, from Sexy Red and Candy Pink to Liquid Silver and Ocean Blue. The next model in line is Sunny Yellow, poised for a release within this month.

The faceplate installation is very easy, even for a non-tech user, as it only requires removal of 7 screws, and lifting a front cover, no soldering involved whatsoever. The exhaustive installation manual fits on one single page and is available for download as a PDF file right here: guide for replacement faceplate installation on PSP. Still, you have to be aware and it is our duty to point out that by removing these 7 screws and by performing this little faceplate swap, you will indeed void the manufacturer's warranty on your precious PSP system. Please ponder that when making the decision whether to go for it or pass on it. Please also note that the replacement faceplates come without buttons, you will have to switch those from the original factory faceplate into the new one that you are about to put up. There is a protective plastic window for the screen, attached to each faceplate.

LazerTag
April 3rd, 2006, 16:24
Where is the lime green and sun yellow button sets!!!! :)

Apoklepz
April 3rd, 2006, 17:55
It looks really nice, and I bet the other colors look nice as well.
Got a question though....Will these faceplates get smudged easily by fingerprints, just like the original SONY PSP faceplate, or are they made with similar material to the backplate of the PSP (wich is pretty much smudge-less)? How good is the quality of the transparent screen cover on the faceplate? It looks great in the pictures...I'm just curious, as my faceplate needs a replacement soon (I have an american PSP wich I purchased at launch day here in the states & have been using it every day since....the poor thing's frontplate looks like crap :p , but at least I've never dropped it. The other day I took the duty of popping it open to clean the control pad sensors...my right arrow was not responding lately and it was due to some dirt inside the PSP...sheesh!)

kcc86
April 3rd, 2006, 18:10
Well if its the matte type, which is like a flat color just like the backside of the psp then yes it will not smudge like the oem faceplates. I don't own any of those after market faceplates, but im assuming the metallic faceplates does the same thing as the sony ones. hope that helped.

personally i dont see the point in having a half orange and half black psp. i rather just change out everything even though it looks hard to replace the backplate.

not here anymore
April 3rd, 2006, 19:11
Yaye for original black & white PSP designs..!
Later,

TSR

middlemaniac
April 3rd, 2006, 21:54
Is there any problems that could happen when doing this? Do you have to lift up the glass, and can't you're screen get dust in it while doing so?. Should I get the transparent clear one? And can I put the original faceplate back ever?