PDA

View Full Version : HW Problem, Need Help!

E.J.
April 3rd, 2006, 17:20
Hi everybody, this is a sad story... well i lent my PSP to my little brother yesterday, everything was alright until the battery ran out.

Then my little bro tried to charge the psp with a generic graduable DC charger (one of these with changeable plugs and voltage selector) because he couldn't find the original charger.

Well, the problem came because he didn't selected the right voltage (4.5/5V) but instead the charger was set in 12V!!

Obviously the charger didn't work, but it seems the charge circuit is dead.

The good notice is that the psp is working well, I tested it with a friend's battery and it worked, but i'm without a way to charge the battery.

Now, what should i do?, Is there some sort of external charger available?, should i look for a bricked PSP and buy it to get the dead circuit?

I haven't disassembled the thing yet so i dont know if maybe it can be repaired.

I hope somebody gives some light in this case.

PD: Sorry for the BAD english....

gotmilk0112
April 3rd, 2006, 21:39
dunno.
:(

Shilo
April 3rd, 2006, 22:17
Don't think you can get it repaired, but I don't know. You can buy that one battery pack that takes AAs.

E.J.
April 6th, 2006, 00:19
Well I found a nice external charger in Lik-sang and bought it (and a 2600 mAh Battery too) so i guess my psp is not definitely dead yet :D