PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Access Wifi Through AOL (UK)?

Jim_UK
April 3rd, 2006, 20:45
I have Aol Platinum and a Speedtouch 576 router, I have managed to find my router (100% signal) with my PSP but cannot get it to connect.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have input the DNS settings and my PPPoE details and it starts says exchanging key information, then after about 30 seconds it says "A connection error occured. The key information exchange timed out".

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there anyone out there who knows where I am going wrong and can give me some advice as it is really doing my head in and I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks

kyle2194
April 4th, 2006, 05:29
OK first of all, can you use internet explorer / firefox to access the internet on your computer?

yaustar
April 4th, 2006, 05:34
IS the router accepting 802.11B signals?

Jim_UK
April 4th, 2006, 21:31
I can go online and look at web pages, I can play the PS2 online with the ethernet connection and according to the router details I am accessing through Firefox, my router is has an interface type of: 802.11b/g.

Cheers.

yaustar
April 5th, 2006, 19:12
Is it using MAC address filters?

Jim_UK
April 8th, 2006, 18:07
I am not sure how to find out, does anyone have a Speedtouch and could tell me where to look (I can access the modem settings through Firefox okay).

rich1986
April 8th, 2006, 23:06
mine works fine. all settings should be on automatic only 1 you should type in is the network password. and remember to allow the psp on your network in the router settings.

DANII
April 11th, 2006, 11:49
I can help you here my friend,

I too have aol platinum broadband and they gave me a free shitty router, and exactly the same problem it found the access point but wouldnt connect, Heres what you need to do,

1 - Set the router encryption to wep 64 bit.

I had a problem doing this because aol shitty installation cd and instructions dont give you any help at all so heres how to do this - go to
http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/ and cut and past your ip address into the address bar in I.E, this will then take you to your modem setup page, then scroll down to the bottom under Home Network and click wireless, Then click configure which is in the top right corner, Now change the encryption type to wep 64 bit and input any password you want. Then click apply.

2 - Set up psp

Simple just scan for connections you should see your connection input you password and bingo it works.

Im not sure if its a problem with the type of modem or the psp but it will only connect with No password or 64 bit encryption.

Hope that helps

Jim_UK
April 11th, 2006, 22:24
Thanks for the guide, can now access the net on the PSP.

Cheers