PDA

View Full Version : PSP Quake V2+GP

wraggster
April 3rd, 2006, 21:18
Gpeters one of our great members has released an update to the Quake release from a few days back that features:

Server Browser with 4 preprogrammed Quake Servers.
Program your own 4 favorite servers by editing the autoexec.cfg.
Program your own button configuration editing the autoexec.cfg.
Preprogrammed Quick-Chat option.

Download and give feedback via Comments

drew4237
April 3rd, 2006, 21:30
sweet

gotmilk0112
April 3rd, 2006, 21:36
V2+?
does it work on 2.01+? mabey on the new "Bock" E-loader

StealthCP
April 3rd, 2006, 21:47
Pretty fast mod. Cheers guys

bullhead
April 3rd, 2006, 22:05
this is fantastic. I downloaded it lastnight and the infrastructure mode works with 2.6! These is an excellent readme with it too!

zx-81
April 3rd, 2006, 22:10
works on 2.5 as well ! Awesome ! :)

Emeriastone
April 3rd, 2006, 22:23
:0

pspfan
April 3rd, 2006, 23:59
I posted about this in the Quake v2 thread and no one listened :(.

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 00:05
I wonder if the infrastructure mode could be improved upon in terms of speed?

chaos-is-me
April 4th, 2006, 00:38
Awesome! This truely is a great week for homebrew on 2.01+

Just tried to get onto the servers and whenever I connect I can just see text like people chatting.. do I have to press any special buttons or anything to actually play? I've never played Quake online before in my life :p

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 01:13
Oh my god. Im just after an amazing jam on the infrastructure mode. All the regulars were laughing because they were being overun by psp users. everyone is called 'psp-player'. We were being admired for having our own cool little community.
It would be cool if we name ourselves as our login names and see if any of us from dcemu recognise eachother!

drew4237
April 4th, 2006, 01:44
u can change the name of ur guy just read the readme almost to the bottom it says

4 PLAYER NAME

you can change the playername in the autoexec.cfg file, search for

// USER NAME SETTING
name "PSP-PLAYER"

and change PSP-PLAYER to anything you want

there u go now all u have to do is edit the file and ur good to go

All of us here at dcemu should make it psp-"ur username for dcemu"

nomi
April 4th, 2006, 01:46
I would like you guyz to hear this! could you guyz plz add multiplayer too sMAshgpsp! I wOUld really like that thank you!!!!

nomi
April 4th, 2006, 01:47
BUT AMAZING Stuff! GOOD JOB

DraconumPB
April 4th, 2006, 01:52
you should talk to the developers of smashgp, otherwise i doubt they'll hear your suggestion here.

drew4237
April 4th, 2006, 02:04
does smashgp work on 2.0 cause i want ot get it but i cant find a dl for it

Sterist
April 4th, 2006, 02:15
no, it doenst.

anyhow, i got quake to work 1 time. then after that it wouldnt let me boot it up

any suggestions?

drew4237
April 4th, 2006, 02:29
thanks then i can stop looking

idk u should just be able to send the files there exactly as they come in the zip file and then it should just work try resending the files

Lateralus-
April 4th, 2006, 02:39
I have a problem with mine. I extracted the files, exactly like it said to, and when I try to play, I get a message that says the data is corrupted. I'm using firmware version 2.60. Help please.

gotmilk0112
April 4th, 2006, 03:01
lol i misread it and thought it said "PSP Quake2 V2+ GP" xD
quake 2 on 2.01+ would be SWEET!

AtariFreek
April 4th, 2006, 03:26
It Works On The New Bock eloader

idapimp
April 4th, 2006, 03:43
im on quake as idapimp so yall CAN recognioze me

pat_thetic
April 4th, 2006, 03:58
Uh, I get CL_CONNECT: Connect failed.

Anyone else getting that?

Sepheroth
April 4th, 2006, 04:10
Uh, I get CL_CONNECT: Connect failed.

Anyone else getting that?

Yep, I am too.

I have a 2.00 PSP, and when I activate Infrastructure in Quake, it shows that it's been turned on, but the wireless light on my PSP isn't turning on or flashing, so it isn't.

From the package, I copied the Quake folder into my GAMES folder, and copied the 2.xx Eboot into it. That's all I did when installing it.

It looks like the following:

Server Map Users
------------- ------------ -----
No Quake Servers Found.
Host_Error: CL_CONNECT: CONNECT FAILED

Can't "Status", not connected.

pat_thetic
April 4th, 2006, 04:12
Same, I just made a few changes now it says the same thing plus "Can't 'Status', not connected". Sigh.

Lateralus-
April 4th, 2006, 05:28
Ok I got it working, it works with fw 2.60. Multiplayer however, I can get connected to a game, but it displays a screen where it looks like the console, but I can't join, but it says I am connected and every now and then it'll say I have just been killed. Help?

drew4237
April 4th, 2006, 05:37
for some of u who cant get it to work make sure u r using the new eloader bock

u have to have a network connection created and set as default. then when u connect i found out that the first one on the list the psp server doesnt work(well atleast not for me)

wakaru
April 4th, 2006, 10:39
Do not get me wrong, the game work OK. The problem is that it does not connect when trying to play in infraestructure mode.

For what itīs worth Wifi Energy saver is OFF in my the PSP settings.

The Wifi LED is on and the PSP mac address appears as connected in my router... but it does not connect.

I have tried the infraestructure mode in several other wifi enabled homebrews (i.e. PSPRadio) but It has never worked for me... so I gues that the problem is the firmware v2.01 itself.

Please any other v2.01 user who got infraestructure mode working report it as to confirm it or not.

Thanks

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 11:09
remember that you have to play on the shareware server (x button) if you are using the shareware quake supplied with the zip folder. The quake folder goes in the psp game folder, the firmware goes in the quake folder beside the ID folder. just read the readme carefully. Only works with bock. im using 2.6.

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 11:49
great, i spent last night playing the old version when i could have been using this!

anyone having trouble connecting, try setting up a new network connection on your psp which has an auto-ip.... even if your browser wont work (mine wouldnt due to DNS errors) you should find the homebew with wifi (such as this and PSPradio) will work with it.

this was the case on fw2.5 using Super bock eloader.

hope that helps some of you.

Shilo
April 4th, 2006, 12:38
WOW:eek: This is awesome! Downloading right now:)

Sepheroth
April 4th, 2006, 12:44
Yep, I am too.

I have a 2.00 PSP, and when I activate Infrastructure in Quake, it shows that it's been turned on, but the wireless light on my PSP isn't turning on or flashing, so it isn't.

From the package, I copied the Quake folder into my GAMES folder, and copied the 2.xx Eboot into it. That's all I did when installing it.

It looks like the following:

Server Map Users
------------- ------------ -----
No Quake Servers Found.
Host_Error: CL_CONNECT: CONNECT FAILED

Can't "Status", not connected.

XD

Found th problem. I felt like I had troubleshooted every possible solution, and soon after my last post, I just gave up and walked away. Then, I thought I'd try something crazy. ...I went over and turned the wifi on my PSP on.

If anyone has the same message that I had, then check your wireless. You may have shut it off without realizing it, and because there's no message that comes up to tell you that it's off, you wouldn't know. Doom online rocks btw. =D

shadowprophet
April 4th, 2006, 13:15
You guys are lucky.

I cant get bock to work. im haveing to use e-loader 95.
I cant figure out why bock wont work for me :(
And without bock. no wify homebrew for me.

Bummer.

And to clarify. version 2.0 firmware, tiff version. ive tried both the windows install and the other.
all I get is a black screen and shortly after the psp shuts down.
Well I have to go now, back to the land of non wify homebrew lol

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 13:18
Im having problems changing my name for quake. Do you need a particular program to change the autoexe.cfg file? I cant open it to change "psp-player" to "psp-bullhead." Help would be appreciated.

DraconumPB
April 4th, 2006, 13:31
shadow, i just installed edloader .96 , and I can't get wifi to load either. using the photo exploit on a 2.00. =/

BUT this is quite awesome, I installed quake and it runs beautifully! can't wait to get this working online, that'll be alot of fun.

DraconumPB
April 4th, 2006, 13:32
bullhead, use notepad. You might have to do 'open with...' my PC associated the file with Office lol

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 14:05
Thanks very much draconum im sorted now. Changed it to "dcemu-bullhead"! thanks again.

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 16:33
just given this a whirl and i really dont see how its much better from the old v2 to be honest! :confused:

you seem to get a few extra chat lines you can put in (an extra "page" worth), and other than that it's just a a bit messier to move around than the previous one (although this seems more "idiot proof" - every option is laid out in complete lines for discription) - maybe i'm missing some super-new feature here... you can probably put more servers in, but even the readme file seems unsure. :rolleyes:

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 17:00
You can only use one server. But maybe you need to have the full game.

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 17:17
well you can only use one server at a time but you can select from a list of 4, as i think anyone can - full game or no full game.

besides, there's no issue here for that, i have the full game as it is, so i am generally only using the pspquake server anyway.

PSP Halo2
April 4th, 2006, 17:24
well it is spring break

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 18:04
well it is spring break

what's this got to do with the price of fish??

i can only assume you're saying that being spring break the servers might get quite full :confused: but they havent yet.

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 18:13
more testing, and imho these new settings are rubbish compared to the old ones.... the *only* good thing is the extra chat menu.

i'm now gonna sit here and try and make a super-hybrid of the two :rolleyes:

acn010
April 4th, 2006, 19:24
I just imagined myself playing halo on the psp.....................

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 20:18
well you can only use one server at a time but you can select from a list of 4, as i think anyone can - full game or no full game.

besides, there's no issue here for that, i have the full game as it is, so i am generally only using the pspquake server anyway.
I see the list of four and i can go on to them, but it says the graphics will not load or something like that, so it is impossible to play. With me anyway, anyone else with the same problem?

xbloodsportx
April 4th, 2006, 20:24
ok I did everything that the instructions said to do...and I got nothing all that shows when I start up my eboot is my snes emulator

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 20:43
What firmware have you? Just read the readme. Its so simple. Two steps and its in. Put the quake file that contains the id folder in the psp's game folder and then put the corresponding firmware eboot beside the id file in the quake folder.

Hungry Horace
April 4th, 2006, 20:46
ok I did everything that the instructions said to do...and I got nothing all that shows when I start up my eboot is my snes emulator

ffs... have you tried hitting select on the eloader menu? it refreshes the eboot list you know.

and back on topic... i'm declaring this release officialy "Hungry Horace's most pointless release" award. i mean seriously, it adds nothing and the default config is horrible. Some great default "features": bad key layout, no on screen display, poor use of ASCII to represent psp buttons etc etc.

I went back to the old configs and managed to create my own menu system for multiple preset chat texts in about 15 minutes (it's really not that hard if you have a look at the files in wordpad) - and now i can have as many chat messages as i like! - and that had been the only good thing about this release. (and no i'm not some quake-head who knew all the config stuff already - i hadnt played the game in 8 years until 3 days ago - and had never done any editing on it) i would do the same to create multiple server menu's too, but i really dont see the point when the ones on there are fine for me anyway.

i suppose it does include the shareware version at least, but anyone could download that from somewhere else anyway.

Skateblind
April 4th, 2006, 20:57
Great release dude, its made it alot easier to get onto a server. It does take a second though for my key presses to actually do something. Lag or something. Anyone else get this small problem. Cheers anyway dude.

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 21:23
Yeah i know what you mean. Although this can be fixed by overclocking the psp to 333. Still though the key presses in infrastructure mode have the lag. Maybe this will be improve in the next release. Then quake will be the best thing to load on the eloader. It really is a great port too.

TheWriter2113
April 5th, 2006, 01:01
ok, i have 2.0 and im getting the CL_CONNECT ERROR....can someone please post a link as to what i have to downlaod to get it to work. I made a new connection with the defualt name (Connection 1).

EDIT:::Finally got it working....

I connected to teh Shareware CTF server...but then nothign happens...it jsut sits at the connect screen, what do i do now?!??!?

Also, i cant join other server since i need the PAK1.PAK file....sucks

xbloodsportx
April 5th, 2006, 04:27
well i got it to work thank you for the help...

Def. one of the best things out so far for psp users with 2.6+

TheWriter2113
April 5th, 2006, 06:00
Does anyone know why it just sticks at the connection screen after it says i successfully connected to the shareware server......?????

shadowprophet
April 5th, 2006, 06:08
I dont know why exactly.

Ive set up a hundred networks wireless and otherwise.

But for some reason.

I cant connect to server.

Look I know this sounds stupid.

But can somone give me a run down of the processes I need to go through to get this thing going online?

A little background*

Its a psp firmware version 2.0
im useing the new bock that actuelly works on 2.0 psp's
And im very pissed off that I cant get this going :(

There must be somthing I missed :cool:

I see a lot of people haveing simmiler problems maybe theres still a bug in the whole 2.0 thing,

I cant get connected to the shareware server at all :(

Any help at all would be appricated :(

tophead420
April 5th, 2006, 10:58
this game is great i never played Quake till now and its awsome i havent tried the wifi play yet but i will as soon as my buddy lets me put it on his psp haha and best of all it works on 2.6 firmware

Stealth Kill
April 5th, 2006, 12:33
i have downloaded quake2 full for pc.the pak0 file is 180mb i copied it into the id1 folder and started the game.then comes an error mesage in red
pak0 have 3307 files
press cross to exit.

help!
http://thegang.junik.lv/downloads.htm

Hungry Horace
April 5th, 2006, 14:03
@ ShadowProphet

hey dude,

your network connections under the main psp setup... are they with a set IP / DNS number or with auto IP?
For some reason i can only get the homebrew wifi running if i put it on auto-ip.... not sure why, but it works for me.

as a result i have two settings; "Home" (defined ip) & "Auto" (auto ip) - it gets a bit annoying that quake defaults to my Home connection, but under the mutliplayer settings you can change this.

---- more help for anyone ----

a little low-down or starting out the game, (since i havent seen this on here, and it might help some people out) because i've seen a lot of people get confused over the multi/single player issues (not saying you need this help ShadowProph' - i'm just trying to help some peeps out)

1) load quake
2) goto Multiplayer; Setup; Access Point; "Auto" or similar (use left/right)
3) Circle (back to multiplayer menu), Switch Infrastructure On (wifi LED should go green)
4) Circle (back to main Menu) and goto Single Player mode and start a new game
5) hit select until you get to your Server menu, select pspquake server (square usually) and hopefully it will connect!
6) Get pwned by Hungry_Horace online... hehe :D

hope to see you online soon ShadowP'. ;)

Hungry Horace
April 5th, 2006, 14:05
i have downloaded quake2 full for pc.the pak0 file is 180mb i copied it into the id1 folder and started the game.then comes an error mesage in red

probably because you downloaded Quake 2 and this eboot is for Quake 1.

shadowprophet
April 5th, 2006, 16:21
@ ShadowProphet

hey dude,

your network connections under the main psp setup... are they with a set IP / DNS number or with auto IP?
For some reason i can only get the homebrew wifi running if i put it on auto-ip.... not sure why, but it works for me.

as a result i have two settings; "Home" (defined ip) & "Auto" (auto ip) - it gets a bit annoying that quake defaults to my Home connection, but under the mutliplayer settings you can change this.

---- more help for anyone ----

a little low-down or starting out the game, (since i havent seen this on here, and it might help some people out) because i've seen a lot of people get confused over the multi/single player issues (not saying you need this help ShadowProph' - i'm just trying to help some peeps out)

1) load quake
2) goto Multiplayer; Setup; Access Point; "Auto" or similar (use left/right)
3) Circle (back to multiplayer menu), Switch Infrastructure On (wifi LED should go green)
4) Circle (back to main Menu) and goto Single Player mode and start a new game
5) hit select until you get to your Server menu, select pspquake server (square usually) and hopefully it will connect!
6) Get pwned by Hungry_Horace online... hehe :D

hope to see you online soon ShadowP'. ;)

Thank you bro :p actualy that was exactly the help I needed:p
The mistake I was makeing was I was going into multiplayer and trying to join a game that way lol

I feel like such a noob now :D

That'll teach me to start reading those readme files more often :o
thanx again bro I tried it an I can connect I hope to run into you soon
You cant miss me im my name will be as it always is Shadowprophet :D
*update

Thanx again Hungray horace I just finished my first succesful match in witch I got totaly owned lol But I still had a blast tho :p
*new update
Some guy named devilman was really helpful in teaching me some of the ropes to quake 2. yeah yeah i know quake 2 is old and i did play it a lot in its hay day. But I didnt know the axe could be used to grapple. Thats a nice feature :D

So a salute to devilman who ever he may be and if you run into him fill him full of lead for me :D
peace out ppl :p

Hungry Horace
April 5th, 2006, 16:59
Thank you bro :p actualy that was exactly the help I needed:p
no probs my friend.... just a day in the life of a Hungry Horace ;)

I feel like such a noob now :D
at 600+ posts i think you're safe on that one.

I hope to run into you soon
You cant miss me im my name will be as it always is Shadowprophet :D

hehe, ditto. Even on Quake i *have* to be Hungry_Horace... and yes, i *have* to be Blue too!

PeterM
April 5th, 2006, 18:04
i have downloaded quake2 full for pc.
Please cut off your testicles and then and choke yourself to death, you warezing scumbag.

Kind regards,
Pete

bullhead
April 5th, 2006, 23:45
Please cut off your testicles and then and choke yourself to death, you warezing scumbag.

Kind regards,
Pete
Oh my word peter...
agreed.

Be3f
April 7th, 2006, 19:53
Tried to play Multiplayer with laptop - got stable Wi-Fi connection (11Mb/s), but Quake doesn't see server on both devises! Tried different ways to make it work - hosting server on PSP & Laptop, different Quake PSP-ports with multipayer (V1.1, V2, V2+GP), different PC Quake Ports (original GLQuake, DarkPlaces, joeQuake, tomazQuake and QW - orig, ZQuake, fuhQuake...), different multiplayer settings (AdHock/Infrastracture), typing IP adresses myself and so on, but couldn't solve the problem! Help, anybody!

Ezmathet
May 26th, 2006, 15:21
im a 2.5 psp user i i cant get it to work it says corroupt data when ill try to run it :S

PeterM
May 26th, 2006, 15:27
You can't run it using the PSP system menu on your firmware. You need to use Fanjita's GTA exploit on firmware newer than v2.00.

Ezmathet
May 26th, 2006, 15:33
ohh where do i get that ??

PeterM
May 26th, 2006, 16:14
http://www.fanjita.org

Please read the instructions.

Ezmathet
May 26th, 2006, 18:55
am i right or do i need GTA liberti city stories to run all the Homebrews ???

zrns
May 26th, 2006, 19:49
afaik theres also some tiff-pic-method.
but i dont have a clue if this is working with 2.5

edit: wont work with 2.5. get gta :/

Ezmathet
May 27th, 2006, 11:44
dran hmm i got v 2.6 now... will it work there ???

i dont got money for gta this month :P

PeterM
May 27th, 2006, 11:50
It will work on 2.6 (that's what I use), but you will need GTA.

StealthCP
May 27th, 2006, 20:23
Works on 1.50 as homebrew.
Works on 2.00 with TIFF eloader -- www.fanjita.org
Works on 2.01, 2.5 & 2.6 with GTA eloader -- www.fanjita.org

-LO-LEADER1
June 13th, 2006, 16:08
oNCE I GET CONNECTED USING THE JOIN SERVER THING IN SINGLE PLAYER....HOW DO I PLAY? ALL I SEE IS A CONSOLE LOOKING THING

zef666
July 21st, 2006, 17:32
Awesome! This truely is a great week for homebrew on 2.01+

Just tried to get onto the servers and whenever I connect I can just see text like people chatting.. do I have to press any special buttons or anything to actually play? I've never played Quake online before in my life :p

Yeah can u help us the same thing is happening to me. I can connect to the server fine, but all that happens then is that i see loads of people chatting. What are we supposed to do please help. I can't to play such a decent hombrew online!

gpeters
July 24th, 2006, 05:02
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29746

go here, I am sure Gangsta_psp will help you.

gangsta_psp
July 24th, 2006, 05:26
I think I can help here too:)

reckerw10
December 13th, 2006, 14:26
WAT OTHER GAMES WORK ON 2.6 WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE GTA LBC, cuz its a long tin buyin it nd den doin everytin else, jus wnt a homebrew game or sumtin 2 work on 2.6 widout all da complications.

sum1 help me plz????????????????

Recker

Katou-Cha(LOL)
January 27th, 2007, 04:32
How can i use the pak0 from the full game. I replace the pak0 in the quake folder and then when i load it up i have to restart my psp.

Figured it out, my own fault.

max5701
October 5th, 2007, 20:53
sweet

dette
October 15th, 2007, 21:46
sweet does this work on PSP slim? or only on PSP Phat ? because i have cfw on my slim and on phat but id rather play on slim lol

el-brooker
October 20th, 2007, 16:07
I tried this on 3.70. It says it is corrupted when i try to load it up on the psp. Is it my firmware?

Poim1n
December 18th, 2007, 04:10
BEST GAME EVER!!! Thanks man n_n
It's run fine whit 3.52 M33 FW, Only when i go to "Multiplayer"->Settings->Nick and then push [ ], game tilt and psp shut down :( its not a bad ! I love thet game! Classic <3

bah
December 18th, 2007, 04:26
At least for singleplayer, this newer port looks/runs a lot better (uses opengl hardware rendering not software):

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79042

I haven't tried multiplayer on it though.

TheRisingExodus
June 28th, 2008, 06:51
Well I wills say this i'm new to the PSP homebrew world I have a NDS and its easy sofar I get this error running this homebrew app The game could not be started (8002018) an I have the 4.xx firm ware

pspd
June 28th, 2008, 14:42
Well I wills say this i'm new to the PSP homebrew world I have a NDS and its easy sofar I get this error running this homebrew app The game could not be started (8002018) an I have the 4.xx firm ware

You can't run it on official firmware.

TheRisingExodus
June 29th, 2008, 04:17
got a link to something that I can use then for firmware??

pspd
June 29th, 2008, 09:13
got a link to something that I can use then for firmware??

No, sorry. You have to use pandora to get custom firmware.