PDA

View Full Version : 4.0U Update

GARETFIRE
June 20th, 2009, 02:58
Hi, I'm new here and am very new to Homebrew and all that. I have been constantly failing to update to 4.0 since release date and I was wondering if it was possible to update through homebrew.

I have 3.4U and have already installed The Homebrew Channel along with some WADs using WAD Manager...

Thanks!

VampDude
June 20th, 2009, 03:40
Waninkoko's Firmware Upgrader

It upgrades the firmware to 4.0 and keeps all the things you will require to run all your homebrew.

GARETFIRE
June 20th, 2009, 04:04
Oh, never mind, I didn't read the bold. Thanks, I'll try that

GARETFIRE
June 20th, 2009, 04:06
How do you use it? I read It has bricked several people's Wiis and I'm so noob at homebrew. Can someone give me instructions on how to do it. From scratch. Thanks.

BlueCrab
June 20th, 2009, 07:09
If it is from Waninkoko, from what I can tell, you've always got the risk of your Wii being bricked. There's little to no reason to upgrade to 4.0U, unless you want the support for "playing" wiiware/vc stuff off of SD. Also, 4.0U doesn't do anything to harm/break pretty much any legitimate/legal homebrew use, so there's not really a problem.

VampDude
June 21st, 2009, 02:24
Waninkoko's upgrader failed to brick my Wii, the application is in English much to the suprise of everything else being Spanish (where Waninkoko posts).

Here's how to use it:

Place the file (Firmware-Updater_4.0.dol) in the APPS folder of your SD, within a new folder titled UPGRADER.

Load the Homebrew Channel as usual, then load the application.

The onscreen instructions are easy to follow and is done automatically. :)