PDA

View Full Version : My Supercard experience

GinaWrite
April 4th, 2006, 12:25
Hi,

Just thought I'd share what I've gone through this past weekend. I received my supercard SD and upgraded to the latest/greatest Mar 31 firmware from the official website.

1. NDS mode: This works well. Most homebrew applications/games need to use the .nds.gba file while some work okay off the .nds file. Most non-homebrew games seem to work okay as well.

2. PCE/TG-16 emulation: Now at PCEadvance v7.5 - I didn't have any of these to begin with. I found some and only one demo worked for me. I read about US games needing to be decrypted and found the program to do that which didn't help. No loss here - no games before, no games after.

3. NES emulation: Now at PocketNES v9.97 - Needs work. Title screens don't always show up.

4. SMS emulation: Now at Dr. SMS (GBAX 2004 version) - works okay.

5. GBC emulation: Now at Goomba alpha 6 - works okay.

6. GBA: It's nice to be able to start in NDS mode and select a GBA game from the file list.

Excluding NDS titles, I haven't successfully saved/restored a game from any of the other modes. Any help would be appreciated. Sometimes I see the top line on the directory listing in 1/2 English, 1/2 something else and I try to save that to the last game I played .sav file. It doesn't do anything for me when I play the game again. :confused:

Music/movie modes: I don't care about these - I prefer an iPod.

PC software: There is a GBA cheat system - I can't read the language it is in so I don't know what I am selecting. Mine came with a CD of demos. Each title had three files. One game, one save, and one I don't know what it is for.

Homebrew: I see special versions of some applications for the Supercard. Is there an API and/or library somewhere detailing what needs to be done to make programs work with it?

This product could really use some more documentation. The articles/reviews online tend to be for older/different versions and it is hard to determine what applies and what doesn't.

GinaWrite
April 5th, 2006, 16:38
Super Cheat for Ping Pals

Use a hex editor on the .sav file. If byte 7 is under $F0, add $08 to it. Then add $08 to the byte at $0227 (which is probably $00). That will add 524,288 coins. Bytes 4-7 are a checksum while bytes $0224-$0227 are the actual amount. You can try for other amounts, but don't exceed 999,999 coins as that confuses the game. Also make sure of the math because if the checksum test fails, the game will clear the save file. That will be obvious as the game will be on the white screens for more than 2 seconds.