PDA

View Full Version : Emu help

pcjones78
June 20th, 2009, 22:33
Hi Guys

I am really new to all this and was wondering if someone could give me an idiots guide and I do mean idiot! to installing emulators (mainly snes and n64) on my wii.
I have the Homebrew Channel and backup launcher, I put what I thought was a snes emulator onto my sd card but could not figure out how to install it.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Paul

VampDude
June 21st, 2009, 01:12
The emulator goes into the folder called APPS.

pcjones78
June 21st, 2009, 22:20
I Have no folder called APPS on my sd card, so do I just create one ?

VampDude
June 21st, 2009, 23:11
Yes, create one. :cool:

Here is what's on the root of mine.

APPS
fceugx
genplus
Snes9x
Wii2600

In the Apps folder, you should have all the applications/emulators you wish to use. Then in the root, you should make a new folder for each of your emulators each with two folders titled ROMS and SAVES.

Though the easy way to setup your SD, would be to download the Homebrew Browser (place in the folder titled APPS). Then download all the emulators from the Homebrew Browser, which it sorts all the files to the correct places... Then all you

pcjones78
June 22nd, 2009, 00:41
Thanks that worked great! just one more thing, I have snes roms on a dvd disc but when I insert the disc and open the emulator it says error finding roms, what am I doing wrong?

pcjones78
June 22nd, 2009, 21:44
Don't worry, have sorted it, thanks for your help

Poolie
June 29th, 2009, 05:59
pcjones78 im havin the same prob....how did u get the roms to load from a dvd...mine wont let me change the boot method from sd card????????

VampDude
June 29th, 2009, 21:39
pcjones78 im havin the same prob....how did u get the roms to load from a dvd...mine wont let me change the boot method from sd card????????

You have to burn the disc a certain way for the emulator to read the data, if you goto the site of the emulator you are using there will be a Q&A section with the answer.