PDA

View Full Version : No Wi-Fi Connection To Play Online Games For PSP(TM)? Thrustmaster Has The Key...

wraggster
April 4th, 2006, 16:54
Now you can play online and surf the Web on your PSP, wirelessly and from the comfort of your own home.

The latest product from Thrustmaster is a USB WiFi adapter* which plugs into your computer connected to the Internet via a modem. WiFi USB key for PSP FunAccess provides PSP consoles with wireless Internet and online gaming access and without requiring a wireless router.

"Sony®'s portable console is a fantastic gaming machine which can be connected to the Web via its WiFi system. Thrustmaster has created this new accessory to enable all gamers who don't have a WiFi system at home to get the most from their console's online capabilities, from anywhere at home and wire-free," said Bertrand Gasnier, Wireless Product Development Manager for Thrustmaster.

Maximum simplicity for maximum fun

In practical terms, all you need is a PC connected to the Internet (512k minimum via USB line connected Modem or Ethernet card). Connect the Thrustmaster Wi-Fi USB Key via the USB port and your PC becomes a real WiFi router.

Installing FunAccess on your PC and configuring the PSP couldn’t be easier, thanks to the special software which takes users through a brief step-by-step set-up process. The installation has been specially designed to recognize Internet connections automatically, whatever the modem used, whether USB or Ethernet. FunAccess was developed using the Hercules brand's expertise, which has an outstanding reputation for the simplicity and quality of its WiFi peripherals for PC.

Surfing the net, playing other gamers around the world and downloading audio, image or video files directly to your portable console is so simple and straightforward you can start using the PSP to its full potential immediately. You can even share the connection with friends. FunAccess opens up the online world to several PSP consoles at the same time: connect up to 5 players at once!

Plus, Thrustmaster has created a website specially designed for PSP users; offering exclusive information, photos, screensavers and tips and tricks (http://psp.thrustmaster.com ). The site will be officially online April 6th.

pepegomez
April 4th, 2006, 17:40
is USB able to transfer at least 1mbyte/s?
yes, i do have this speed ^^

Drem
April 4th, 2006, 18:30
Superb news, thanks! Seems to be a worthy thing.
Edit: just check the site ...requires PSP to be running 2.5 firmware or higher... so, it useless for my 1.50 :mad:.

jrsmaster411
April 4th, 2006, 21:21
This might be a stupid question but does it work with dial up

drEDN4wt
April 4th, 2006, 21:56
requires PSP to be running 2.5 firmware or higher...

yeah...but anyone know why?

drew4237
April 4th, 2006, 22:15
yes it will work with dial up but i wouldnt upgrade to 2.5 to use this

cause i have a wireless router for my laptop

Drunken
April 5th, 2006, 17:41
Heh finally sumthing for people who accidently upgraded =P

Raekwik11
April 6th, 2006, 06:17
pretty cool for people who upgraded but it sucks cause i only have 1.5

nightmare666
April 6th, 2006, 06:35
hey i got a wireless router for my laptop too but when i try to connect to it with my psp ji cant something about security or cant enter
and i dont have any security on it
when scan with psp it says none under security
i think it has to do with the psp being a b connection not g
but i know my router contains both b and g
anyone know how to change it would really help