PDA

View Full Version : PSP iR Shell v1.3

wraggster
April 4th, 2006, 16:09
AhMan (http://ahman.dyndns.org/index.html) has updated his excellent iR shell for the PSP, iR shell turns your PSP into a universal remote, heres whats new:

Version 1.3 is out. The original adhoc file transfer protocol in v1.2 is replaced with a sliding window file transfer protocol with error recovery. The transfer throughput has been boosted from 90KB/sec to 270KB/sec.

Download Via Comments

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 16:15
shame it doesnt work on 2.6

PoorWhiteTrash
April 4th, 2006, 16:40
Oh come now.... do you really think that somethuing like a GPS locator would help lower the price of the machine? Easiest way to combat that it to leave it at home, or keep it away when you are in transit. If you flash high priced hardware around, those that cant afford it will do what they can to relieve you of your burden. No, I do not condone attacking children for their toys, but life is a bitch.

PoorWhiteTrash
April 4th, 2006, 16:42
oh what the hell.... how did that land in this thread when I was looking at the other thread? my post above belongs in the thread where the 12 year old got attacked for his psp.

StealthCP
April 4th, 2006, 16:49
Then why didn't you delete it?

Anyway, good work, my favourite shell has again been updated, and handles running well in the background. It's very handy for playing MP3s in the background whilst playing JonoF's Duke£D port for PSP. Definitely the best shell out there at the minute. The increase in file transfer speed is excellent, and is very handy if I'm sending programs to others in the PSP Club after school if the laptop has been left behind.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 4th, 2006, 18:53
Cool the IR remote works bit fiddly but great work maybe a better front end for remote on next release !!!

IndianCheese
April 7th, 2006, 00:40
its great, but it needs a good GUI and a file browser like fileassistant++