PDA

View Full Version : PSP Kick v3

wraggster
April 4th, 2006, 18:25
PSP Kick (http://www.pspkick.com/) has been updated to v3 their Drum Machine and More, heres whats new:

New features:
1) The new notes mode allows for complete melody
editing. It's the icing on the cake!
2) Multiple song load/save. Work on 10 songs
at once!
3) Custom user song naming. Isn't it nice to be
known as a name, not a number? Use square for
backspace when entering filenames.
4) Per step programmable pitch. This is how
you make melodies! Square + up/down on any note.
5) Per step programmable volume. Beyond accent,
make echoes, subliminal messages, and more!
Square + analog up/down on a note.
6) Per pattern programmable pitch.
Square + up/down when not on a note.
7) Per pattern programmable volume. Complete mixing
control. Square + analog up/down
on a blank space.
8) Per pattern programmable pan. Requested by
numerous users. Square + analog left/right
on a blank space.
9) Track Mute and Solo. We didn't have to,
but we did! Triangle + left/right.
10) You can now change sample parameters while
selecting samples. Because you deserve freedom.
11) You can also preview samples from sounds and
notes screens with the circle button.
12) Clear pattern added. To create you must destroy!
Press all four buttons at once!
13) Start song play at arbitrary position from
song screen. You'll wonder how you lived
without it. Analog down + start.
14) Copy pattern to next empty pattern. At special
request! Analog up + right trigger.
15) Song follow mode. Only for power users.
Read the manual to learn how!
16) Each song is now stored in a .kick file. Trade
them on our forums!
(No more song.txt and patterndata.txt.)
17) All help screens have been updated to show
help for all the new features.
18) Ghost cursors show your position in notes
screen while editing in pattern screen.
19) Triggers in song screen now update the top part
of the screen while scrolling through song.
20) Sample names and directories are now alphabetized.
21) Improved song and soundpack browsing.
22) Cursor acceleration in song, pattern
and notes screens.
23) New menu intro song by Diallo.
24) 6 New soundpacks included!
25) A smattering of Juno samples!
26) Auto-trim of empty pattern data. This speeds
up load and save times.

Changes/Bug fixes:
1) Backing out of sample restores proper file.
2) Backing out of sample audition restores
sample parameters.
3) Smoother sample cutoff when stopping sequencer.
4) Saving song as .wav improved.
5) Read-only and archive attributes on sample
directories now ignored.
6) PSPKick.com website now compatible with 1.5 GHz
PowerBook G4s.
7) Disappearing editing cursors fixed.
8) Start/Stop pattern while changing samples fixed.
9) Tapering chaser light graphic in skin fixed.
10) Lagged cursor when erasing fixed.
11) Linefeed/Carriage Return fixed in save files.
12) Long file names are now truncated.

Thats a lot of whats new :p Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

yellowbrowntwo
April 4th, 2006, 19:03
Wraggs, this is an exclusive release through PSPUpdates.QJ.NET. It's not even available for download at PSPKick.com. The files, documentation, and official forums are all at QJ.NET... Please fix your sourcing, thanks! :)

John Vattic
April 4th, 2006, 19:28
why there? and not here?

Skateblind
April 4th, 2006, 20:41
Sounds like a bunch of bull from yellow. PSPUpdate is not a great site, but DCEMU is. So i think Wraggster should show the fingers to them.

MalumEnSe
April 4th, 2006, 20:56
Hmmm... I thought we were on a truce. After all, we've linked to DCEmu everytime a release has come out of these forums.

Is it going to take the PSPKick author stepping in in order for you to keep your word? This was his choice and his idea, after all. I thought you were all about honoring the dev's wishes?

wraggster
April 4th, 2006, 21:09
The release was posted on the site http://www.pspkick.com/ now it doesnt matter where or who host the files, the fact of the matter is, is that the news of the release is posted on the official site.

Now if its a supposed exclusive then it shouldnt have been posted on the official site, if the release wasnt posted there i wouldnt have linked to that site,

Fanjita
April 4th, 2006, 21:54
Sounds like a bunch of bull from yellow. PSPUpdate is not a great site, but DCEMU is. So i think Wraggster should show the fingers to them.

Or you could do a bit of research, read the pspkick.com site, and realise that they are closely associating this release with PSPUpdates.

That's their choice, it would be nice to see it honoured.

bullhead
April 4th, 2006, 22:02
Apparantly it works on fw 2.6. Wont work for me though. Anyone else?

grin.ch
April 4th, 2006, 22:15
I don't know what the problem is with qj. I use both DCEmu AND qj the same. Whoever has the file I want, that's where I get it. But I do have to say I have been using DCEmu the most lately. :p

Skateblind
April 4th, 2006, 23:28
Or you could do a bit of research, read the pspkick.com site, and realise that they are closely associating this release with PSPUpdates.

That's their choice, it would be nice to see it honoured.

So should you my friend. I said it sounds like a bunch of bull.
What difference does it make where the file is downloaded?
**I realise now that it means that PSPUpdates will be getting alot of people going on their site to download the file. Which means PSPUpdates makes money from each hit(WhichSucks), which I also PRESUME means that the chaps who made PSPKick are getting a bit of dosh for their exclusive release**

For the sake of the whole community, I hope I'm wrong...

Fanjita
April 5th, 2006, 10:34
Screw it, I'm not gonna rise to it, I'm sick of trying to play the parent in a room full of kids.

The petty site wars are what's bad for the scene, not a developer's choice of release location or strategy.

Do you really think it's bad that developers might like to make a little bit of money from their hard work? Do you have any idea how much time we all put into this stuff?

Do you really think it's unreasonable for a developer to have their wishes respected as to their release vector?

I've lost count of how many developers I've heard complain about how sites have handled their software. It's not just DC-Emu (although their does seem to be a lot of per-site axe-grinding going on here). I know many people who have complained about PSPUpdates, MaxConsole, and many others.

Do you think it's healthy for the scene for developers to be antagonised and discouraged in this way? Personally, I don't, and I'd rather see it stop.

yellowbrowntwo
April 5th, 2006, 17:21
Uhm, how about that feature list that was only released on my site that you have ripped word for word, in the exact same format?

Or the conversation I pasted you on MSN between me and Nathan Wray (the developer) where he calls you a dog for not sourcing QJ.NET? It's obvious that this was an exclusive.

Wraggs, as far as I can tell, you have broken the truce we had. Please rectify this, I know everyone liked the truce, and I'd like to continue it.

Skateblind
April 5th, 2006, 21:53
I didn't mean to cause an argument and I would like to point out that I am a coder myself and know what it takes to make a great application like PSPKick.

Why did they start coding such a project?
To make money?, I don't think so and I feel that they would have released it no matter what, but there is not point in the 'what ifs'.

By the way Fanjita(if that is your real name, :P), I apologise for being rash about what I said concerning PSPUpdates. Last time I was there, it was a pretty poor site, offering pyramid schemes and so forth. Now though, it looks great and is easy to use, but I still firmly believe DCEMU is one of the best all round gaming sites out there.

One more thing, I'm not up for adoption.

tunjitsu
November 1st, 2006, 02:54
pls can one sane person say sumthin about his/her experience with the ******** program for christs sake??? please?
thanks