PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Chinatown Wars Comes to PSP

wraggster
June 22nd, 2009, 16:56
Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is pleased to announce that one of the highest-rated handheld games of all time, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, will be making its way to the PSP (PlayStationPortable) handheld entertainment system. Developed by the award-winning studio Rockstar Leeds, in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available at retail on UMD and digitally from the PlayStationNetwork in North America and Europe this fall.

"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSPgo," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series."

"Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms," said Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America. "We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars follows the story of Huang Lee, a young Triad who travels to Liberty City after the mysterious death of his father. Within the game, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise. Specifically built for the PSP platform with upscaled widescreen graphics, enhanced lighting and animation; and including all-new story missions; this version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will take full advantage of the power of the PSP system.

jxx2005
June 22nd, 2009, 19:23
"this version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will take full advantage of the power of the PSP system."

does that mean it wont be a direct port?
might it turn out like LCS and VCS?

aydinfun
July 13th, 2009, 13:51
im waiting for that good.

VampDude
July 13th, 2009, 23:10
might it turn out like LCS and VCS?

That's what I'm thinking, though I doubt it... If it was, I would buy myself another PSP just to play it. The DS GTA never interested me from looking at it.

donosean
July 14th, 2009, 15:17
thats good news... but i doubt ill get it. i have lcs and vcs and theyre not the best games for the psp

thomaszmark
December 11th, 2009, 02:14
Chinatown Wars is interesting game for PSP

Jos123
March 10th, 2010, 21:50
My bro bought this game.......i didnt like it.no1 plays online either

VampDude
March 11th, 2010, 09:55
The funny thing with this game is that it's £17.99 (UMD) in Tesco and £29.99 (Digital) on the PlayStation Store. PSPgo users endup paying more, for something that doesn't look all that great (crappy DS port), which is why I'm avoiding it on eBay even (where it's £4 at the most).