PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody, I have a question...

badg0r
April 5th, 2006, 16:05
What program's do you use to make this.

I want to make models for Iris.

I never made any 3d model but i want to try to make one. This is where my future is.

I also want to make levels for Iris too.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks, Gr Badg0r

yaustar
April 5th, 2006, 18:10
The model format is MD2 so any program will work as long as it can export to MD2
Milkshape
Blender (although it hit and miss with this)
3D Studio Max
and probably a few more that I don't know about.

Level:s you have to use something like Radiant to create the maps. YOu have to check with Produkt (sp?) for more details.

Cooe14
April 5th, 2006, 20:26
^^ I like blender, (mostly because it's free :D ). Are those other two free as well?

yaustar
April 5th, 2006, 20:36
No. Milkshape is around $30 and 3DS Max is around $3000 (industry standard tool).
The problem with blender exporting to MD2 is that it is VERY picky in what it likes to export and retain in its original state.

Anim8or is another free tool but doesn't export to MD2 last time I checked.
Q2 Modeler [q2mdl911.zip] is a free program that you can get hold of as well

Hawkeyefile
April 5th, 2006, 20:59
of course almost anything is free if you know the right people.

badg0r
April 6th, 2006, 03:04
I use GameSpace Light ;) This is a freeware version. The real version would cost you about 300 dollar. But swe have small images on the psp so that we can use gamespace light.

You must ad 2x 2d pictures in this app.

Front View and Side view. Then select the edges of the images. Front view side view. And there it is ;) Now work on the rest of the model :) this is not all.

This is one of the easy'st 3d model apps i ever saw.

I downloaded 3d canvas, blender and i downloaded milkshape but pfff that is allot of work for nothing. I am not lazy. But with gamespace you win hours and hours of work. + u have video toturials.

I hate it that the full app costs about 300 dollar. Well the freeware version is good enough for moddeling and make models for now :p hehe

numanuma28
April 13th, 2006, 14:49
will you help me with makeing emulators ???

yaustar
April 13th, 2006, 20:15
What does 3D modelling have to do with emulators?

Cooe14
April 13th, 2006, 22:09
No. Milkshape is around $30 and 3DS Max is around $3000 (industry standard tool).
The problem with blender exporting to MD2 is that it is VERY picky in what it likes to export and retain in its original state.

Anim8or is another free tool but doesn't export to MD2 last time I checked.
Q2 Modeler [q2mdl911.zip] is a free program that you can get hold of as well
I don't usually use blender for MD2. 3d Max is $3000 :eek: crap! and i thought Photoshop was expensive.

yaustar
April 14th, 2006, 02:58
What do you use out of interest? At some point I would like use a MD2 loader but can't find many free tools for use.

Cooe14
April 14th, 2006, 03:46
I use whatever fits the need :) . When you say you can't find any MD2 loaders for free, how much are the ones that cost money?

yaustar
April 14th, 2006, 03:54
I meant MD2 modelling packages..

Cooe14
April 14th, 2006, 20:45
I model for fun most of the time not for a game of any sort. So I don't use anything else other then blender. When I said that I don't usually use MD2 with Blender I meant I rarely use it not that I use something else.
I'm not a genius at this stuff so if I get stuff wrong sorry it's just a hobby. :)