PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

adrewhox
June 23rd, 2009, 21:32
Hi, I have a psp 3000 and I just found out about a hacked 5.03 (cfs) Hen A firmware and already saw a promising video. but I'm still trying to cope with the downsides of having it. here are some questions:

does it affect me going online on the store, internet or connecting with a ps3? are there any precautions?

What is HEN? and GEN A?

What is a PSX game and how do I use it?

Where and how do I get ISO PSP games?

Do I need a Pandora battery? in the video it did not mention one.

Does the psp need a serial code to be able to be hacked?

also I'm thinking of trading in my black one and getting the Vibrant Blue one, does that have any new features that need to be hacked or does it use normal 5.03 firmware?

Links:
http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/Conso... Vibrant Blue PSP 3000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z16cUcqEj... The PSP 3000 cfc 5.03 firmware Video Tutorial

adrewhox
June 23rd, 2009, 22:34
Hi, I have a psp 3000 and I just found out about a hacked 5.03 (cfs) Hen A firmware and already saw a promising video. but I'm still trying to cope with the downsides of having it. here are some questions:

does it affect me going online on the store, internet or connecting with a ps3? are there any precautions?

What is HEN? and GEN A?

also I'm thinking of trading in my black one and getting the Vibrant Blue one, does that have any new features that need to be hacked or does it use normal 5.03 firmware?

Links:
http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/Conso... Vibrant Blue PSP 3000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z16cUcqEj... The PSP 3000 cfc 5.03 firmware Video Tutorial

Bump, I really need to know :(

JLF65
June 24th, 2009, 04:22

It shouldn't. HEN is only active when you activate it yourself, so the rest of the time, you're a perfectly normal Sony firmware.

What is HEN? and GEN A?

HEN = Homebrew ENabler - it enables you to run homebrew. In the case of ChickHEN for the 3000, you look at a special picture and it triggers a file in the memstick that then allows homebrew to be run like normal PSP software.

GEN A is something that you run after running HEN. Once you start GEN A, your PSP acts like it has the full custom firmware, just like older hacked PSPs. You can then run homebrew, PSX EBOOTs, and ISO backups.

Look at the Guides forum for using popstation. This allows you to convert a PSX disc into an EBOOT file that you can then run like a game, but is actually the PSX game.

You make them from UMDs you own via the custom firmware option. Nothing else can or should be discussed.

Right now, you can't use the PB with the 3000. It may be used on it later, so I'd recommend getting one when you have the chance. Like I said above, ChickHEN uses a picture exploit, not the Pandora battery.

No. Read some threads on the Pandora Battery and Magic MemStick to get a better understanding of how PSPs are hacked.

No idea.

adrewhox
June 24th, 2009, 17:11
Here is another One:
If I get a psp 3000 right now will it have the 5.03
firmware or will it have a newer version? like 5.50?
and If it does have 5.50 what can I do?
:confused:

EDIT
I've heard of a PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A for 1000, 2000 and 3000 WITH MOTHERBOARD TA-088v3
how likely is it to brick if 1) you have a psp 3000 with that motherboard 2) you don't have a pandoras battery

JLF65
June 24th, 2009, 22:09
Here is another One:
If I get a psp 3000 right now will it have the 5.03
firmware or will it have a newer version? like 5.50?

No idea.

and If it does have 5.50 what can I do?
:confused:

Wait for someone to find another exploit or for the Pandora Battery issue with the 3000 to be resolved.

EDIT
I've heard of a PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A for 1000, 2000 and 3000 WITH MOTHERBOARD TA-088v3
how likely is it to brick if 1) you have a psp 3000 with that motherboard 2) you don't have a pandoras battery

You cannot currently put custom firmware in the flash on a 3000. You can run that special launcher from HEN. Remember that the HEN requires 5.03.

adrewhox
June 25th, 2009, 19:11
Can anyone give me a link to the place where I can download the psp 5.03 installer so I can manually istall it using pc and psp usb?
EDIT can it be for Uk, also I checked google but I can't find it for UK?

adrewhox
June 26th, 2009, 18:01
Bump

JLF65
June 26th, 2009, 19:05
How about doing a little work on your own for a change? If you can't be bothered to look for a thread yourself, why should we bother to help? ;)

adrewhox
June 26th, 2009, 19:49
How about doing a little work on your own for a change? If you can't be bothered to look for a thread yourself, why should we bother to help? ;)

Didn't I just say I checked google and the internet in general, but at the official site they don't have it for download, and that cancels out almost 70% of what I can find which are blog posts leading to the sony download place, I asked here because you guys might have it on the forum! now can you please show me the light? :o

JLF65
June 28th, 2009, 00:52
Read through threads here first. All the info you want is already in a thread here somewhere. Look at the guides and tutorials thread in particular. Threads on the 5.03 custom firmware usually have a link to the official firmware as well because it's needed. Then you'll have threads on "easy" installers that put all the stuff together in one big arc to make it easier on folks.

B2K24
July 1st, 2009, 00:01
adrewhox, your only allowed to ask so many questions then you must make attempts yourself to get the results your after. It's clear you don't know even the most basic things about the psp so do your self a favor and carefully read the README'S of HEN and GEN-A and google install guides as well as look for sticky posts before you begin trying out software on 3000 unit. If you BRICK there is no chance to restore your unit. Carefully research and with trial and error you will be successful.

Raydoggg
July 3rd, 2009, 15:53
RTFM!!!!....Sheesh,Noobs : ( Reading is fundamental! I Can't believe you all did this noobs work 4 him : ( If he refuses 2 read 4 himself,Y should any of us help him? I Don't have any sympathy 4 lazy ppl Shame On U Gamers...Shame on U : (