PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator WIP Update)

wraggster
April 6th, 2006, 00:02
PSMonkey posted this update on his work on the N64 emulator for the PSP:

Ok I pretty much fixed my issue with 3d not showing up. I get 3d now but stuff is not transformed properly (it was not being transformed properly last time). So I am going to try fixing this tonight & hopefuly I will have something to show for it tomorrow.

No build this week. Sorry I know I said I would but things are still not correct yet. Once they are then 100% a build is going up that same day. If by luck it happens this friday/weekend then it will be posted but at the moment I highly dout it.

More details here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21618&page=26&pp=10

bullhead
April 6th, 2006, 00:17
Excellent, im looking foward to the release. No rush. We are at your mercy with this emulator. Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated.

Jonesyxxiv
April 6th, 2006, 00:51
Man i cant wait for this. This sounds way better than a PS1 emulator. Once i get this there is no way ill upgrade past 2.6. (unless the GTA exploit still works)

Wally
April 6th, 2006, 01:17
Man i cant wait for this. This sounds way better than a PS1 emulator. Once i get this there is no way ill upgrade past 2.6. (unless the GTA exploit still works)

Can I just remind you that the N64 and PS1 emu are two different projects.

Ps1 hasnt been updated in ages im sure PacManFans does have news for us but he wants to keep it discreet.

urherenow
April 6th, 2006, 01:33
Getting off topic here, but isn't it the next firmware revision that will be able to play PS1 games? Or is it going to be a software emulator from Sony? Either way... I doubt anyone could possibly make a homebrew emulator for PS1 that could out-do what Sony themselves are making (face it, they have ALL of the documentation on the hardware, plus varius open source projects on the 'net they can reference for implimentation)

Back on topic... I agree with bullhead. No rush! we'll be happy when it's done right. Keep on truckin'!

bugo
April 6th, 2006, 01:37
dude, dont worry, we will wait!

Cloud_35
April 6th, 2006, 03:12
Hey, what firmware will be supported by the emu??? :confused:

Please, i'm sure we will wait, but can't you release two or more versions??

(please? :( )

drew4237
April 6th, 2006, 03:25
i bet that it will work on 1.5 and 2.xx cause many of the other emulators work on 2.xx

felonyr301
April 6th, 2006, 03:34
keep up the good work- still dreaming of that day playing zelda 64 on my psp...

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 03:36
Where can you get N64 PD roms?

I know this is what you're using right???

Will it ever work with commercial roms??

no rush, i guess time will tell... awsome with the production and constant updates!!!

Abstract3000
April 6th, 2006, 04:31
why dont you just give it up monkey and stop lying your ass of to everyone you have no emulator and your build will never be released being it dosent exist if you had done so much work on this and have what you claim it would be easy to compile and post...

drew4237
April 6th, 2006, 04:38
hey he's already released many so he is gonna wait till he has it working better

stotheamuel
April 6th, 2006, 04:46
why dont you just give it up monkey and stop lying your ass of to everyone you have no emulator and your build will never be released being it dosent exist if you had done so much work on this and have what you claim it would be easy to compile and post...

omg are you a ****ing idiot just leave!

hes already released early versions and there are pre testers on here

Cooe14
April 6th, 2006, 04:46
i bet that it will work on 1.5 and 2.xx cause many of the other emulators work on 2.xx
^^I doubt that.
This emulator will probably be pushing the psp to its limits, and i'd be willing to bet that that it will require kernel access.

NeoXCS
April 6th, 2006, 05:22
Originally Posted by Abstract3000

Dude, this isnt PSDonkey its PSMonkey and his n64 emu is as real as it gets.

I know within time we will be playing mario 64 on our psps. Most likely on 1.5 as it will, as earlier stated, probably require kernal access. Keep up the good work PSMonkey! :D

drew4237
April 6th, 2006, 05:22
well i have 1.5 so it doesnt matter to me

Shilo
April 6th, 2006, 06:42
Posted by NeoXCS:
Dude, this isnt PSDonkey its PSMonkey and his n64 emu is as real as it gets.

Lets hope he just got them confused......................... or maybe he is donkey??????

Anyway, nice update PSmonkey!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSP Halo2
April 6th, 2006, 07:30
u people suck up to anyone creating something cool. I heard good work in the same thread from the same guy 19 TIMES!

idapimp
April 6th, 2006, 09:53
honestly if people read the forums more, its been stated that the early versions WILL work on version 2.xx but he will probably eventually have to start using kernal. read before asking questions. thats why the forums get locked. (and spamming)

muffinman
April 6th, 2006, 14:52
um im just going to say good work its a good project and i cant wait to see where it goes

david28
April 7th, 2006, 05:11
Where Do I Get Games At

david28
April 7th, 2006, 05:25
Can Some One Help Me I Whant Games On My Psp

dcmain
April 7th, 2006, 18:20
errm, you'll have to be a touch more specific than that, methinks. Head back to the main page and browse around there for a bit. You could always buy some ;)

I'm just amazed that the psp has any hope of running an N64 emulator at all, so good luck. I'm happy to wait for this one!