PDA

View Full Version : Pspaintball

wraggster
April 6th, 2006, 07:32
slicer4ever (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=46032) has released a new game written in Lua for the PSP, heres the info:

<blockquote>well some of you may remeber a while back that i asked for some help with my game as i've goten little help and the only gfx from mr.game i am posting this to A: see if i can get more people to help me out with gfx
B: to show you what i've done thus far
C: well can't think of a c

anyways some things to know:

--controls:
X = fire
O = when hide behind text comes up press it to "hide"
/\(triangle) = when hideing press to get out

--to do list
1:make menu
2:make a walking sequence
3:make the ai better
4: get it so you can have more enemys on screen
5:tons and tons of more stuff

--note these:
the hideing does nothing
no menu at all
the guy glides
map moves
extremly bad ai(working on)
seems slower when on psp i coded it using luaplayerwindows so...
bunch of other stuff

also note this is coded in lua</blockquote>

Screenshot and Download Via Comments

Skateblind
April 6th, 2006, 08:46
Good work so far, paintball games are always fun. I would love to help you with gfx and coding. I could make some backgrounds for you and so forth. Im not so good with animation, but I'll give it a go if you would like. My knowledge of coding for the psp is lacking, but I could help with coding structures and so forth.

Just tell me how you are doing your coding and what gfx formats your using and I should have something for you pretty soon. Basically, tell me everything I need to know to help you in everyway possible. I've never used Lua, but I'm sure my knowledge of other languages could help you.

To be honest, I've not tried the game, but have you thought about adding platforms and things for people to hide in or behind? You most likely have thought about that.

You have most likely thought about this aswell, but try to code your gfx in a way that allows you and other people to make their own gfx without having to change any code. Also try to have most of your controls and other details put into a config file for easy editing, I know how to do this(In C++), so if you need a hand just drop me a line.

Here's my e-mail: [email protected]

Send me a message asap and we can start getting your great little game in the history books.

Peace.

Apoklepz
April 6th, 2006, 19:16
Cool idea for a Lua game. Looks good too...I can make some splatting sprites for this if you want.

bullhead
April 6th, 2006, 20:40
This one seems to have a lot of potential. I would like to see how it turns out in future releases.