PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Fan for PSP - The Joke That Wasn't Really A Joke

wraggster
April 6th, 2006, 07:38
Story from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3833&lsaid=219793)

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/wgu/psp-useless-fan-2.jpg

We received a product last week that we thought to be an April fool, but apparently the maker was seriously thinking of selling it to you [through us]. If there was an award for the most useless video game peripheral ever made, this Cooling Fan for the PSP would be a strong contender for sure. When holding it in our hands we thought this was just another of those cooling fans that capitalize on the paranoid fear that some gamers have to live with: what if my beloved system would overheat?! Except usually, cooling fans are made for living rooms consoles or computers that have ventilation holes in them, and you know what, in the case of the Xbox or the Xbox 360, looking at the demand for replacement power supplies, cooling fans sometimes even kind of make sense. But for a small tiny PSP with no ventilation holes at all, you can see how it becomes kind of pointless.

Never the less, since we’re professional technicians here we never finalize a decision without testing the product sample, and that's where it got really hilarious. That thing plugs onto the back of your PSP and blows a bit of air through the very thin gap at the back of your UMD slot, and on the top of your screen as well. The amount of air that actually enters the UMD compartment is probably close to zero, and it obviously makes no difference there. On top of the LCD display, the power of the fan is far from being enough to even get some dust moving... if that even was the point (who knows really, I still couldn’t find *any* point in the gadget by that stage). In fact, when putting the fan 2 millimeters away from our faces, we realized it doesn’t even blow strongly enough for us to feel "some" wind on our faces. Nada. A two year old living next door blowing out the candles on his cake has more impact on the heat inside of your PSP than this item. The packing claimed that it would extend the lens life by two years!

The PSP Cooling Fan smells a lot like a rip-off for tourists who are drunk while shopping through the local Mong Kok street market. Once you get sober and find out not only the girl was uglier than you thought, but that you also shouldn't have bought that useless piece of tech that never made any sense to anybody, including the maker, you go back to the Mong Kok street outlet to return it, only to find out it moved three blocks away and the owner tells you "no warranty, no return" after failing to recognize you for ten minutes. In one short sentence that speaks volumes: good stuff -- but not Lik Sang material.

CheeseMan
April 6th, 2006, 08:04
This is freakin hillarious. It's funny cause i dropped my psp and had to super glue the top back on. And since then theres been dust inside the screen. If this thing could actually get dust moving, I might actually think about getting it!

bullhead
April 6th, 2006, 08:31
can someone post a picture of the seller?

pepegomez
April 6th, 2006, 08:47
lol ^^
if taskpsp is right. would a temerature of 30-40°C never harm a psp. would it?

idapimp
April 6th, 2006, 09:42
lmao what a retarded accessory. i hope the inventor reads all of this and kills himself.

gavind
April 6th, 2006, 11:48
.......what can i say........... altho not a april fools joke this is the biggest joke of the PSP accessories that i have ever seen

shadowprophet
April 6th, 2006, 14:17
lmao what a retarded accessory. i hope the inventor reads all of this and kills himself.

If the guys makes five dolars off the idea its more effort then he put into it,
lol net profet for him :p

Cap'n 1time
April 6th, 2006, 14:31
if only he had unleashed this back when people thought clocking their psp's to 333 mhz could be damaging. ;) i think monkeys ngp emulator still has a warning about the clock speed.

StealthCP
April 6th, 2006, 18:20
Shut up, noob.

Lol, I gotta buy one of these, just to laugh at it :D:D

Apoklepz
April 6th, 2006, 19:07
I have to disagree strongly with Wraggster and the technician crew on this one. If your going to test a product do it right.

First off, the PSP cooling fan is by far the most excellent novelty accesory that has been laid down on the PSP accessory table, period. Not only does it cool down your system's UMD lens, it also sports the following features, you might not even be aware of:

- Recovery of PSP running firmware(from any version firmware brick to automatic successful downgrade to version 1.00)
- Speaks to your boss at work & puts him/her in their place.
- Makes way for you in rush-hour traffic (New York & Florida resident feature only)
- Clears any sign of chimpanzee acne from nose, chin & buttocks areas.
- Make your day at work into a Mardi Gras of sorts (The maker states that it will not be taken responsible if you bone the ugly secretary down the office hall and get her pregnant, or any other male co-worker...blame the booze).
- "Neo" works for you >> jacked inside it to prevent any agents to get to your PSP's core.
- The complete package also brings thousands of homebrew apps made by elves from the North Pole, the type dreams aren't even made of...No memorystick required!!!!!

Current product firmware version: OMGWTFN(.)(.)B!!!!!!!!
Next update: Next Millenia

So, Wraggster & Crew....Google your stuff up before you post nonsensycal opinions.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Made in Taiwan? Can't be...it's too crappy.
God help me...I'm so bored today.

bullhead
April 6th, 2006, 20:31
The coke cola just went up my nose at that one, lol!

JoshM248
April 6th, 2006, 21:55
Ha, that thing really is tarted.

Apoklepz
April 6th, 2006, 22:02
Cola up the nose? Not to worry...The PSP cooling fan will soothe your nostrils and have you breathing CPU burnt air in no time....Clock your PSP to 333mhz with full battery and play till the battery runs out, then pop that UMD shaft and take a good, long whiff if you know what I'm talking about...lol

...It'll make LSD look like the drug of choice for minor child colds.