PDA

View Full Version : PSOne emulator

benh
April 6th, 2006, 20:18
Hi id just like to show u these pics of the PSOne emulator that have surficed today, they look pretty genuine i hope this is waht they look like

I got the news via www.pspupdates.qj.net

Iv attached the pics so have a look for yourself

Malksta
April 6th, 2006, 20:26
ye i saw that sum ppl are saying its fake

wraggster
April 6th, 2006, 20:27
moved to emulation forum, these are most likely fakes and treat them like it until known otherwise

CeramicMonkey
April 6th, 2006, 20:27
holy shit dude!! psp just keeps getting better and better!!

i cant wait to play all my favorite ps1 games on psp. so worth the money!

fake or not its still cool. i can dream, cant i?

benh
April 6th, 2006, 20:28
they look pretty real but i suppose u can never be sure

bullhead
April 6th, 2006, 20:28
These pics are the same ones that were posted about yesterday morning. They have been suspected of being fakes over at pspupdates.

Apoklepz
April 6th, 2006, 20:29
Yes. They look like the real thing, alright. But apparently everyone over there at Qj.net (Me included) thinks they're fake. Main reason? A "clean" wavy line background sporting the exact wavy pattern can be googled up. A guy over at Qj.net (Sk8kidK...I think he's called?) actually took 5 minutes of his time to compare both picks one over the other and they're identical except for the "PSPesque" text over these pictures.
+ How can Sony already have the Emu ready when they just announced it....not the mention the hassle it will be for them to get all game licenses from they're original developers....again! I don't think EVERY game Developer will support the idea of putting their games/roms in a machine that has been subject of piracy since day 1. Anyways...It's still to be seen if they're fake or not...I'm really 50-50 on this.
Just my nickel, here. What do you guys think?

Hey Bulls...wassup?

kimbonious
April 8th, 2006, 13:20
If they were real wouldn;t they size the size on MS disk? That would be a very important question that i would have.

Demulish
April 8th, 2006, 23:54
Don't really care if the pics are real or not, it's already been confirmed there's a PS1 emulator on its way (officially) for the PSP at the PS3 news conference last month. I probably won't upgrade my firmware to get it either...unless the games are like 50 cents a piece. Here's hoping the homebrew version will be out by then, or at least running a whole lot better than it is now.

kyle2194
April 9th, 2006, 03:29
First of all, how long would it take a 500 meg download over 800.11b wifi? Too long.

Second: What this guy said:
Yes. They look like the real thing, alright. But apparently everyone over there at Qj.net (Me included) thinks they're fake. Main reason? A "clean" wavy line background sporting the exact wavy pattern can be googled up. A guy over at Qj.net (Sk8kidK...I think he's called?) actually took 5 minutes of his time to compare both picks one over the other and they're identical except for the "PSPesque" text over these pictures.
+ How can Sony already have the Emu ready when they just announced it....not the mention the hassle it will be for them to get all game licenses from they're original developers....again! I don't think EVERY game Developer will support the idea of putting their games/roms in a machine that has been subject of piracy since day 1. Anyways...It's still to be seen if they're fake or not...I'm really 50-50 on this.
Just my nickel, here. What do you guys think?

Lastly: An animation I made. This should put an end to this fake. It supports the above.

Source images:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4578&stc=1
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4579&stc=1
http://www.knalle.dk/psp%20style/PSP-background-thor64.jpg
Above can be found on google: http://images.google.com/images?q=psp%20background&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&percentage_served=100&sa=N&tab=wi

Fake, the end.