PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with PSP programming

Jimbo
April 7th, 2006, 19:01
Hi, I am new to PSP programming and I am trying to get together the tools that I need to create my first PSP application.

I installed cygwin and the psptoolchain as per the instructions on scriptscribbler.com

I then tried compiling a hello world program from the same site. The program compiles and generates a EBOOT.PBP file.

I then tried to run this file using PSPE but it wouldn't run. What am I doing wrong.

What is the recommended way of creating PSP programs?
What emulator can I use to test my programs?

Any hints and tips would be great. Thanks All!

TheEmulatorGuy
April 7th, 2006, 21:39
...why don't you run it on your PSP?

Jimbo
April 9th, 2006, 12:26
I can't afford a PSP yet. :) I would still like to get involved with making programs until I can get my hands on a PSP though.

There are loads of homebrew games out there that will run on PSP3. I was wondering what is wrong with the way I am compiling?

What tools do you use for compiling? I would really appreciate any advice that people could give. If anyone could help or give any advice on compiling PSP programs to run on PSPE (or any other emulator that may exist), I would be very grateful.

Mr. Shizzy
April 29th, 2006, 07:43
Me too... I got some great ideas....

I xfire I
April 29th, 2006, 08:48
i would just like a list of the program needed, ive got psp brew, but i need a psar and psp file editer