PDA

View Full Version : Genesis UMD Launcher 2.6

wraggster
April 7th, 2006, 22:25
ProjectPSP (http://www.projectpsp.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=352) have released a new UMD Launcher for the PSP, Heres the full details:

Genesis UMD Loader 2.6 is used with what?

The goal of this Loader, similar to RunUMD, is to launch an ORIGINAL UMD 2.6 on all the other Firmware versions without making the necessary FW update to play, and thus keeping the possibility of playing back-ups and others' homebrew too on 1.5.

Small Tutorial:

J has tested my Loader (based on RunUMD) and J has been able to launch all the UMDs that require 2.6 on my PSP 1.5 of which include FIFA Street (stock), Generation Of Chaos (custom) and Key Of Heaven (stock).

NOTE: Install the Loader in PSP/GAME, and the file "X" has the root of the MS.

Attention: It may be that the folder "X" conflicts, and thus the Loader UMD 2.6 does not launch if you possess a back-up with a FiX which contains already an "X" folder. In this case there, the back-up will have priority over the UMD ORIGINAL inserted in the PSP drive (for the moment, only NARUTO poses this problem).

2 Solutions:

--> put this Loader on a 32MB MemoryStick delivered to the PSP. (32MB MS should be used it is usually insufficient to store a back-up on, so make use of it this way).

--> or then it will be necessary to modify the Loader to launch the "X" folder which will be named differently example "Y", "Z",etc...

Compatibility With PSP Games (J will try to update as much as possible):

Original UMDs tested WORKING:

- UMD FIFA STREET 2 EURO
- UMD KEY OF HEAVEN EURO
- UMD DEATH JR EURO
- UMD GENERATION OF CHAOS USA

Original UMDs tested NOT WORKING:

- UMD SPLINTER CELL ESSENTIAL EURO

Plays PSP back-up with FiX required:

After testing with my "X" folder:

- WORMS with FiX works and does not conflict (LEAVE my "X" folder for it).
- STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3 USA does not launch, must put the "X" of the FiX in place of my "X" folder for it to work.
- NARUTO goes, but boot functionality on the ORIGINAL UMD 2.6 doesn't work (so NARUTO, that is to say boot UMD thus to erase file NARUTONP).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bullhead
April 7th, 2006, 22:36
I have no use for this as i have 2.6 (unfortunately) But I can see how this would be very useful for a lot of people. Good release!

felonyr301
April 7th, 2006, 23:54
well good release even though im not really needy about this got all my games running on 1.5 already though but good job i guess.

pkmaximum
April 7th, 2006, 23:59
Does this support multiplayer because even though I think the MPH Game loader is great it does not support multiplayer and I'm really dissapointed on that because for some reason I get the feeling that MPH does not plan tor elease another version of their game loader for the PSP.

ace3093
April 8th, 2006, 00:45
Cool. it works great playing megaman maverick hunter now on my 1.50 psp

T-2000
April 8th, 2006, 01:56
so i could go and buy outrun and play it on my 1.5 ?

Cloud_35
April 8th, 2006, 02:11
So, only the Splinter Cell Essentials (the EURO/PAL version) does not work... hmmm, then the NTSC one should work?:confused:

V3N0M
April 8th, 2006, 02:17
I wonder if anyone has tried this on Daxter Umd

LC_killer
April 8th, 2006, 02:23
how safe is this. i want to play the pursuit force demo soney sent me along time ago. but i dont want 2.6 firmwere. i dont want to brick my psp eather. this would be the first umd loader to use. i have a usa 2.0 psp.

V3N0M
April 8th, 2006, 02:29
I have just tried it

V3N0M
April 8th, 2006, 02:31
I only tried to run the umd tho it says its expiremental so i would wait a while before tring anything else

V3N0M
April 8th, 2006, 02:38
This UMD loader is going to need more work...

rpgcollector
April 8th, 2006, 04:35
Works on Ys Ark of Napishtim but not Metal Gear Acid 2

Vancougar
April 8th, 2006, 04:43
the only problem i had with running Gen. of Chaos is that when saving the game, the save options (entering the name, yes+no stuff, etc..) are invisible. Bummer that my MGA2 doesn't work.

chickenclaws
April 8th, 2006, 04:56
does syphonfilter work??

chickenclaws
April 8th, 2006, 05:03
OMG i tested it and it didnt work :(
but at lease i got the loading screen !!!!! OFF THE UMD NO ISO

Privateer
April 8th, 2006, 05:35
Katamari?

grin.ch
April 8th, 2006, 06:33
Hey, it's crap. All it is is RUN UMD from the saturn committee, but in French. It even says *Warning**Danger**Warning* on the set up where it says "Press O if this is your first time using this", just like the saturn committee's does. The only diff is, these ripoff artists already created the "x" folder that would've been created anyway. Stupid. And it STILL freezes 10 minutes into gameplay with GTA:LCS. It's the same thing; do yourself a favor and don't download it.

muffinman
April 8th, 2006, 10:07
I downloaded it yesterday and socom still doesn't work with multiplayer :( but as long as they work on it then it should be good.

mog
April 8th, 2006, 13:41
it does look like a rip off, but it says their goal is to get 2.6 working on all psp's.
if they ever get this program or any other umd loader finally working and running on a 1.0 psp, i will be happy. :(

Zaibach333
April 8th, 2006, 15:20
hahahaha there's still people with 1.0? well I would cherish it if I had it, I lucked out here in the US. using this or some other program I'm sure I will finally enjoy the use of games like Maverik hunter, PoP and Lemmings... exciting stuff

Vancougar
April 8th, 2006, 20:32
[QUOTE=grin.ch]The only diff is, these ripoff artists already created the "x" folder that would've been created anyway. Stupid.[QUOTE]

Not true at all. Try making the x folder yourself with a 2.6 game. it won't run. it looks like this team manually fixed the x folder to finally run the 2.6 games.

StealthCP
April 8th, 2006, 20:37
Yes, that is correct. They also removed unnecessary files so it wouldn't fill your memory stick up. The reason it is in French is because they are French, stupid. The flash1 files send info to the game and if the game has French support it will use it. I don't mind really, if we get 2.6 games support who f**ing cares some games will be in french? I'm gonna borrow some UMDs of guys in school to test - I don't want to buy Lemmings or Worms until I am certain they will work.

neoalucard
April 8th, 2006, 21:28
forgive me if i don't understand this, but with my 1.5 when i try to load the "stock" generation of chaos umd from this genesis umd launcher 2.6 it gives me black screen of death and i notice that in their nfo, it mentions that fifa street and another game were "stock" but generation of chaos was "custom" , is their anything special that needs to be done to make the generation of chaos umd run without giving me a black screen, Maverick Hunter x works like a charm, cheers for that!, also we should compile a list as to the new games that work with this as opposed to mph's gameloader.

Cloud_35
April 8th, 2006, 21:44
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhh hhhhh!!!!! :mad: :mad:

SPLINTER CELL ESENTIALS (USA) DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

I installed it in the PSP/GAME folder and then the "x" folder in the main window that appears when you open Extractable Disk. Any mistakes I've done??

Vancougar
April 9th, 2006, 04:30
[QUOTE=neoalucard]forgive me if i don't understand this, but with my 1.5 when i try to load the "stock" generation of chaos umd from this genesis umd launcher 2.6 it gives me black screen of death and i notice that in their nfo QUOTE]

To get Generation of Chaos (US Version) and other 2.6 games running, DO NOT format the x folder by hitting O. Just hit X after you put the Genesis 2.6 custom "x" folder on your card and it will work right away. If you format the "x" folder, you lose Genesis 2.6; leaving you just with the latest Run UMD.
That's the easy part.
The hard part is learning how to play Generation of Chaos. There are no tutorials and the booklet is nearly useless. It took me like 3 hours to pick up the basics.

Musoka_Eimin
April 9th, 2006, 05:26
congrats great work to those responsible. now anyone know a site hosting the file that i can download this tool from using a mobile device? namely my psp? the link just drops the php not the file. any help would be very appreciated thx

Deshin
April 9th, 2006, 05:50
this program sounds pretty fcuking bad ass, but the guys that made need to fix it up for Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, Metal Acid 2, and definetly for Tomb Raider legend. Those are the games I want to ****ing play.

neoalucard
April 9th, 2006, 07:06
To get Generation of Chaos (US Version) and other 2.6 games running, DO NOT format the x folder by hitting O. Just hit X after you put the Genesis 2.6 custom "x" folder on your card and it will work right away. If you format the "x" folder, you lose Genesis 2.6; leaving you just with the latest Run UMD.
That's the easy part.
The hard part is learning how to play Generation of Chaos. There are no tutorials and the booklet is nearly useless. It took me like 3 hours to pick up the basics.
Thanks a bunch, for something that simple, it's almost silly. :D

felonyr301
April 9th, 2006, 07:51
deshin theres other ways of the force oops wrong forum i mean theres other ways to get those games running especially street fighter alpha 3 max ... im playing that game every train ride home its a perfect pick up and play game love it

shenske37
April 10th, 2006, 04:16
i am estatic that this emulator is working so well

Games I Tried:

-Splinter Cel demo - no
-Daxter Demo - randomly will work or not
-Pursuit Force Demo - yes
-GTA - LCS - yes (for a while)
-(i would try more but i have no more)

i can't wait for more updates, keep it goin!

HeavensCloud
April 10th, 2006, 04:47
I am fairly new the the homebrew scene and very new to umd loaders. I have done some research but can't seem to find the answer to these questions. So any help would be much appreciated.

1) Can the new Genesis UMDloader run 2.6 games on my 2.0 firmware? I am fully aware that i can downgrade to 1.5, but i have spent a lot of time getting all my current homebrew working good and i use some of the features of 2.0 often so i would rather not downgrade.

2) If the answer to #1 is yes then please explain to me how to get this to work. I have tried several placements in various folders and am really not sure how to get it to work (if it even does).

3) If this doesn't work is there a way to play PQ, YS, syphon filter, or untold legends 2 on my 2.0 psp? I OWN these titles and thought about iso, but decided not to go there because its generally looked down upon.

Any Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

megacell666
April 10th, 2006, 22:30
i can play alpha 3 and im having trouble saving. maybee i missed something about saving here. any help...???

seanwinesalot
April 12th, 2006, 02:35
Can anyone help me i am try to play syphon filter dark mirror but everytime i try to play the game my psp turns off

Cooe14
April 12th, 2006, 02:37
Can anyone help me i am try to play syphon filter dark mirror but everytime i try to play the game my psp turns off
Syphon filter doesn't work yet.

killurparents
April 13th, 2006, 03:44
Has ANYONE been able to get Pinball hall of fame working on ANY of these UMD loaders?? ..I think I'm the only one that bought this game :(

StealthCP
April 13th, 2006, 20:41
BTW FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T NOTICED

This is a modified version of RunUMD, as it is also used for FiXes. They have modified the executable so it can play UMD backups.

I have tested both Worms Open Warfare and Lemmings with this and they both work perfectly. No slows or freezes. The only bugs so far are that sleep mode does not fully work (some data in RAM must be lost, I don't know) and WiFi support isn't there yet. I'm testing WiFi modules and seeing if I can get it running at all and if I can I'll post my flash files here. Bear in mind that FiXes all use modified versions of RunUMD so it points to the correct folder on the Memory Stick. The x folder that comes with the Lemmings FiX seems to be so far the most compatible.

mutantllama
April 15th, 2006, 09:09
Has anybody tried this loader with 'Gradius Portable'? I seriously want to get this game, but no way am I sacrificing homebrew/emus etc. for one game. If yes, and it works, I'm ordering today!
Thanks in advance.

skylorr
April 16th, 2006, 12:54
what is the best umb loader out there. new to psp but not new to gaming thanks

Nadicted07
April 16th, 2006, 23:51
if i get this can i play games like virtua tennis and all the games that came out around that time?

panne
April 18th, 2006, 21:02
just wanted to say thanks. i can finally play my generation of chaos on my 1.50 psp :)

thanks alot

StuiWooi
April 25th, 2006, 22:01
Since the last guy was ignored ill ask again on his and my behalf, does this thing even run on a 2.00 using the tiff method, cos i cannot get it going which is unusual. Anyhoo just wondering cos it says 2.6 games on all psps

Gene
April 26th, 2006, 06:04
I know i probably sound like a nub, but does this load UMD movies? like English version of Advent Children?

vettacossx
April 26th, 2006, 17:00
what we realy need is more powerfull setx program....to toggle between firmwares this loaded every game for 2.5 on my 2.0 like it was natural.....this program works gr8!! if an update were made from this team for 1.5 firmeware or 2.6 eather one ....setx actually allows you too toggle between firmwares at will!!! and another thing i havent seen alot from as of late www.sonyxteam.com all the original and super talented coder we had in the begining are fading away!! SETX FOR 2.6 would allow you too change between the newest and latest firmeware!!

hockey2112
April 26th, 2006, 19:05
Will this allow me to load up the Daxter UMD on my 2.0 PSP?

hockey2112
April 27th, 2006, 18:22
Isn't there anyone here who has tried loading Daxter on a 2.0 PSP using this (or any other) method?

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 19:09
Test It And See!

Mr. Shizzy
April 28th, 2006, 10:48
Look the only question i have is will this thing play Fight Night? (on 1.5?)

hockey2112
April 28th, 2006, 14:20
Test It And See!

I'd love to. However, I do not own the Daxter UMD, and would rather not pay $40 for something that is not going to work. There must be at least a few thousand people registered on this site. Someone has to have already tried loading the Daxter UMD on a 2.0 with this launcher or some other method.

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 16:08
I still hate this thing. I used it to play GTA and every single time it freezes after about 10 mins. I give them mad props for being able to do this with only 2MB as opposed to MPH's 25MB set up, though. If they could somehow make it so it doesn't ever freeze, this would be the game loader for me. I also like how it has sleep support. A great idea, but when I play GTA, I don't only want to play for 10mins, you know?

Mr. Shizzy
April 29th, 2006, 06:19
Will This Or Any Other Other Loader Play Fight Night On 1.5?

Alpin
May 1st, 2006, 10:50
does this loader play the back up of fifa street 2 with the fix

Cap'n 1time
May 1st, 2006, 14:17
does this loader play the back up of fifa street 2 with the fix

It dosnt play "backups" and we dont discuss that here. this will only load umd's you actually own.

pspgame
May 4th, 2006, 02:51
I have just tried the 2.6 launcher but it doesn't work with "capcom classic" UMD??
Can anyone help me? Thx.

r2works
May 8th, 2006, 22:29
This does not work for Daxter, tested

hockey2112
May 9th, 2006, 01:41
This does not work for Daxter, tested

Thanks for the answer. It's not what I really wanted to hear, but thank you anyway. :)

V3X
May 9th, 2006, 07:33
so, has anyone tested gardius portable yet??

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:44
what ever happen to the set x app?

sjaakstar
May 9th, 2006, 21:27
How to install fifa street.

do i need to copy the iso file in the memorystick????

shibztar
May 20th, 2006, 13:50
Does winning eleben 9 US umd work?

IWantMyMTV
May 21st, 2006, 02:37
Daxter does not work with the 'x' folder provided by the Genesis team...

Untold Legends 2 does work but there are a couple of 'freeze' points (or more)...one can be bypassed...the other on Level 4 cannot...

As far as testing UMD games, instead of paying $40, go check out Blockbuster if you live in the U.S....Gamepass is $25/month and most Blockbusters carry PSP games...

Also, Xtreme 2.6 is a copy of Genesis which is a copy of RunUMD with a manually created 'x' folder as explained previously...

However, Xtreme uses an english 'x' folder...therefore, the load/save menus appear on english based PSPs...

You can also patch RunUMD, Genesis or Xtreme so that warning message does not display (no...none of the three programs will brick your PSP...or at least they're not any more likely to brick your PSP than any other piece of homebrew) or the choice to create/dump a new 'x' folder (never, ever do this with Genesis or Xtreme or you've ruined all the work those two teams did)...you just click on the icon and it launches the UMD in your PSP...in the case of Daxter, you just get a black screen and have to pull the battery out of the PSP...

I love these programs...many thanks to everyone involved...and here's hoping some more manual tweaks are on the way to get all 2.6 games working...

nugatron
May 21st, 2006, 22:47
Does this only work for 1.50 firmware or can 2.00 use it as well?

IWantMyMTV
May 21st, 2006, 23:01
Does this only work for 1.50 firmware or can 2.00 use it as well?

I thought RunUMD and Genesis and Xtreme were 1.50 specific...but I'm not sure...

Download the app and borrow Untold Legends 2 or one of the others mentioned that works and try it out...

Fab3r
May 27th, 2006, 12:16
My Fifa Street 2 isn't workng with this. Why?

fredrikpj
May 28th, 2006, 15:24
I was about to upgrade my psp from 1.5 to 2.6 just to be able to play daxter as I bought it, but now I noticed that snes emulation runs flawlessly on 1.5, so now I don't want to upgrade it anymore.. hope they solve it so we can run 2.6 games on 1.5 :(

Anything else in emulation that runs flawlessly nowadays?

Squidman
June 6th, 2006, 21:44
So this can run 2.00+ games...or only 2.6? If so, can anyone tell me if this will run Infected or the DBZ game?

Squidman
June 6th, 2006, 21:54
Ok, never mind on the first question....I just tested it with Starwars Battlefront 2 and it works flawlessly!

But, still my other question, will Infected or the DBZ game run through this?

nickyc1985
June 15th, 2006, 13:02
Has anyone got Alpha 3 to save? It starts and plays fine but it cannot detect my memory card.

Anyone?

Shadowblind
June 15th, 2006, 16:58
It fails to launch FFVII Advent Children....

samurai21
June 17th, 2006, 19:42
Splinter Cell Essentials (NTSC) is working. I have american version 1.5 which was never upgrated. Also I tried Monster Hunter. It is also working. First you emulate the iso in UMD emulator 0.8, then run this loader. Thanks man. That was great. Thanks for such a great release!!!

Accordion
June 17th, 2006, 20:54
ahh
ISO
disgusting

audi080
June 22nd, 2006, 08:53
I tried 007 From russia with love and it starts well but is all in FRENCH!!!! I am taking the creator of this is french. does anyone know how to change the language of this????

R4mbo
July 7th, 2006, 13:35
This is an Easy and Good one, only one i managed to run without need of Readme's and investing time. Worked with GTA LCS (US) !!! NICE WORK GUYS !

Baboon
July 7th, 2006, 13:44
Again unfortunately this is another launcher that does not work (for me anyway) on the Datel 4g hard drive. The screen goes black and then after a minute it just shuts down. :(

Hopefully somebody will be able to get a umd launcher working on the Datel brick soon.

Briggzy11
July 15th, 2006, 13:45
Just saying that SOCOM 3 does not work using this :(

Cross
August 16th, 2006, 03:18
As excited as I was to see Valkyrie Profile from PSX to PSP and that it was version 2.60 this will not run it... *sigh* oh well it runs Y but not this so I have to find something to run this valkyrie is a must! lol

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:07
nice thing if its work on gta 2.0 it will be something interresting i give you a feedback if my gta works

bakkhos
September 18th, 2006, 06:15
it doesn't work on my monster hunter freedom UMD. i don't know why. please somebody help me.
my psp is 1.5

Kramer
September 18th, 2006, 06:27
just use devhook to launch 2.0+ umds

BTW i thought it was against the forume rules to post links to ISO sites wraggster?

mattybwoy
October 14th, 2006, 02:18
i am new yo this homebrew i can i make myself seen and post a message