PDA

View Full Version : I Had to

Limpopokanoah
April 8th, 2006, 01:28
This just annoyed the CRAPSHITFUDGINGRANT out of me.

On the front page of pspupdates is Ditlew's new menu.

"1. This is not an official release
2.This release is for this forum only for now.
3. Please don't post about this post or its file elsewhere..
4. Don't download this file unless you know how to use a custom menu with the eLoader. If you don't please wait for the proper release.

We don't usually make public beta's, but if this works out, it be something worth looking into. So far quite a few people has downloaded the file, but the feedback has been limited. For this 'experiment' to be a success feedback is needed.

This menu isn't meant to replace the current menu, it is meant as an fast, stable no bs alternative when done.
No support is offered on this menu yet. If you don't know what to do with this file, don't download it. I don't want you to ruin your eLoader setup.

Please, Ditlew has requested that this news be posted on the front page due to a lack of feedback. Please respect his original wishes as noted in the above notices."

First I would like to say that if i broke any rules in doing this i expect to be handled accordingly and will take no offense.

The part that hurt was "don't post about this post or its file elsewhere.."

Who is anyone to tell me what i can or cannot talk about wherever the hell i want. Pres. Bush is already trying to and i don't want it from my favorite hackers either. If you want more feedback post more places. Seems obvious to me. I thought to myself though "maybe they don't want to much noob feedback" and then i remembered the forum i was talking about (not that this forum is any less noobish). If they wanted good and helpful feedback they should have posted at ps2dev. C'mon. It seems to me that the coders are becoming as proprietary with their work as sony (last release of PSPKick a day or 2 ago ring a bell). DCEMU was told they were not supposed to post the release even though it was on Kick's site. Once again cooooommme ooonnn.

Don't get me wrong. I love this scene. I try not to post because i know the content of the post is what counts.

Aaaauuuugghh, this just really irked me because if nothing else this scene is a community and communitys share. That is what helps them evolve.

Not trying to start too much shit,
Limpopokanoah

Limpopokanoah
April 8th, 2006, 01:53
I just want yall to know (all coders) that i have a whole lot of respect for you guys, and i was not trying to come off as arrogant or all knowing by any means. If anything i came off as ignorant. I would just like to see some cooperation between all of the sites. Divide and conqer works for fighting forces, but you are doing it to yourselves. I know I'm watering a dead bush here, but we are a COMMUNITY (or scene).

My 2 cent,
Limpopokanoah

wraggster
April 8th, 2006, 14:17
Yeah i thought it was a little strange that a supposed public beta should only be posted on the forums there, oh but its ok for them to post it on their site too.

Lets just say that this scene has a shadier side, a side where money is paid/offered for exclusives.

This isnt the first time this shady activity has happened and if iit occurs again i will start shit using the main page.

Its very bad for the scene as a whole

bullhead
April 8th, 2006, 16:11
I hate the rivalry. But the cash must sometimes play an importamt role. Does it fund the coder providing the exclusive release?

Kaiser
April 8th, 2006, 19:23
I hate the rivalry. But the cash must sometimes play an importamt role. Does it fund the coder providing the exclusive release?

Ask Clay....

I do know that his staff is payed cash "so they can do their jobs better".

Limpopokanoah
April 8th, 2006, 23:42
See. Right here. I took this off of psp3d's forums.

"Hey.
Thought i would show my face after a few months.....
So here i am!.... woooo ****in hoooo!!!

Well any way, this post is here to serve 3 purposes.

#1 Why i pissed all you guys off with this fake downgrader shit, and about 50 more after that.

You wanna know why i made all that fake downgrading shit?...
Because PSP Updates paid me to screw the credibility of PSP3D up.
Some might say that it worked.
It went from a nice little community of hackers and noobs to a place where every FAKE wanted to post.
But then again, others might say that it failed.... PSP3D is still in my eyes the best resource for PSP hacking news and has more and more people joining every day.
The reason for me telling you this is simple, i started all this shit up to £££ of PSP Updates......
But because it didnt affect PSP3D as dramaticly as they wanted they didnt pay up.... so as you might assume.. im a little bit pissed off.

#2 I wanted to....................... basicly apologise to the hundreds of PSP folks i pissed off over the last 6 months at PSP3D.
So yeah, im sorry, i didnt want to piss you off to the extent where you bring my name in to the topic every time there is a fake downgrader file/site.
I did it not to piss you all off (as fun as that might of been) but i did it for the money, im not the only person to have taken money to do a job.... but im shore i wont be the last either

#3 I wanted to announce my retirement from the PSP Hacking Community (never realy got round to much hacking, unless you count editing video's and pictures a hack )

(not just that, but just to clear things up before i go, i didnt make any sites damanding money for fake downgrader, that wasnt my job nor my site.....
Who ever owned that site is gonna be pretty much ****ed to see all that shit saying hes richardbru)

OVERALL:
IM SORRY FOR PISSING YOU PSP3D FANS OFF TO THE MAX.
YOU WONT BE SEEING ANY MORE FAKE DOWNGRADERS
Best of wishes to you all in the future

Kind Regards
Richard Bru"

That is it.

I'm off of pspupdates for good.

That bit of research is all that i can take.

DCEMU 4 Life
Limpopokanoah

Kaiser
April 9th, 2006, 07:00
The above information blows me away.

I'm not going to sit here and let this shit happen. I'm going to bring this to Clay. This truce is on the verge of breaking.

bullhead
April 10th, 2006, 03:27
holy crap! ive been hearing a lot about this today and learning more and more about it. Its sickening. It pisses me off. I didnt realise it was as bad as this. dont these people realise what they are doing to the entire scene? BTW, who is clay?

mnky
April 10th, 2006, 12:06
The reason Ditlew only posted it there was because it was a very early beta,
and incase you didnt notice, ditlew is an admin of pspu, so it wouldnt be "paid off".

Clay is one of the bloggers.

IndianCheese
April 11th, 2006, 02:04
This isnt the first time this shady activity has happened and if iit occurs again i will start shit using the main page.

You could place calls for http://qj.net/ on the DCEmu's main page to waste bandwidth. Wait, that might be illegal...don't do it if it is illegal.

Kaiser
April 11th, 2006, 05:20
Clay is actually the owner of PSPU. I brought up the story about that guy making being payed by PSPU to destroy PSP3D's rep directly to Clay. Its not true both the owners hate the guy as he is just making up shit to ruin both sites reputations. However there is still crap being flinged around sites so some stories are true while some have been exaggerated. Its hard to know what is true and what is not these days :confused:

Fanjita
April 13th, 2006, 20:13
Sigh.

Here are the facts.

- (as already pointed out by Kaiser) RichardBru has nothing to do with PSPUpdates. It seems he just likes to generate negative publicity for himself and others. See various fake downgraders in the past as further evidence.

- Ditlew posted the beta menu originally within the forums at PSPUpdates, intending to keep the audience small because it was just an experiment. When there was zero feedback, it was (unwisely, in retrospect) posted to the front page of PSPU, temporarily, to get a bit more attention for it. That front page post was fairly quickly withdrawn.

- No money changed hands for this. It was a beta, pure and simple, and the idea was just to restrict the support burden.

Personally I wouldn't have bothered making a request to keep the audience limited, because I know how little the community respects that kind of thing (as this thread evidences).

There's no scheme or scam here. There's no all-consuming conspiracy to somehow deprive non-PSPU members of ... *gasp* a beta menu with a simple text UI. Just an honest attempt to get feedback on a tentative idea from a small audience.

So sue us.

All this stirring and suspicion and general bitching (all over the PSP's little corner of the web) is just so damned depressing. If only human beings could be rational, reasonable, trusting adults some of the time, we'd all be a lot happier.

EDIT: Replying to a few specific points:

If they wanted good and helpful feedback they should have posted at ps2dev

Developer feedback is all well and good, but it's much more important for that particular beta to get feedback from end-users. As any seasoned software developer knows, users think in totally different ways.

I do know that his staff is payed cash "so they can do their jobs better".

PSPU is run on the basis of employing professional (in the sense of paid) staff. The intent is that dedicated, professional staff will do a better job. You're welcome to draw your own conclusions about how well that works, but it's always been the clearly stated position (AFAIK).

The reason Ditlew only posted it there was because it was a very early beta,
and incase you didnt notice, ditlew is an admin of pspu, so it wouldnt be "paid off".

Ditlew is actually a moderator of just the eLoader forums at PSPU. I have slightly more privileges as a global moderator across all forums.

Neither of us has admin permissions beyond what is needed for day-to-day post moderation. Oh, and neither of us has any financial stake in QJ.net, nor payment from them, beyond a couple of previous payments for some exclusive releases.

robotdevil
April 18th, 2006, 19:54
You guys ever get to wondering if Sony will attempt some shit like this? I mean think about it, they want to destry homebrew stuff on their console and what bettery way to do that than implode the community. Seriously, if all the noobs start flinging poo at eachother what will be left? A handfull of developers and coders who share amongst themselves. I think that would be a terrible thing to happen. I'm no coder, and I don't try everything as soon as it's out, but I do appreciate the community and all the hard work of countless people. I'm now attempting to start a project (see Port Ideas forum), and flying poo like this could very easily kill it.

So basically, what I'm saying is hold off judgement until the entire story breaks. And for the noobs out there, put down the poo and at least skim every post before you start your replies.

Again, thanks to all the coders/developers for all their hard work that makes homebrew not only possible, but worthwhile too. And for you noobs that keep asking for stuff, do a google search and see if it can be done first, these people give up enough of their time for us allready, lets try to lighten their load by not taking up their time with stupidass questions. Less time they spend saying "No we can't do that cause of IP/No source available" the sooner we'll get a full eLoader for 2.00+ (as in no more GTA). Well, maybe not, but I'm sure there's tons of other stuff they gotta do.