PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea.

HeX
April 8th, 2006, 22:04
I remember a topic debating about how sony fixes bricked psps. I was thinking about this the other day and i came up with a great idea.

One person said that the motherboard was swaped for a new one. The way we can tell if they do this is to open up a bricked psp, put a little mark on the motherboard, and close it and send it off. When it comes back repaired all we have to do is open it, see if the mark is there still, and we can see if sony replaces the motherboard or does it some other way.

If it turns out they do it some other way we can try to figure out how and if we get it right people well never have to worry about bricked psps again and we might even be able to restore a psp with firmware 1.5

Anyone willing to try this?

pkmaximum
April 8th, 2006, 23:22
Nope

bullhead
April 9th, 2006, 15:18
I would be too afraid to try this incase they dont fix it and send me back a still bricked psp for trying to mess with the firmware. Mabye someone with two psp's should try it.

Gazmec
April 11th, 2006, 23:31
I remember a topic debating about how sony fixes bricked psps. I was thinking about this the other day and i came up with a great idea.

One person said that the motherboard was swaped for a new one. The way we can tell if they do this is to open up a bricked psp, put a little mark on the motherboard, and close it and send it off. When it comes back repaired all we have to do is open it, see if the mark is there still, and we can see if sony replaces the motherboard or does it some other way.

If it turns out they do it some other way we can try to figure out how and if we get it right people well never have to worry about bricked psps again and we might even be able to restore a psp with firmware 1.5

Anyone willing to try this?

In order for you to do this you will have to take out all the screw on your psp. Including the ones behind the sticker where your battery is. And once you have taken that sticker off or pull it back your warranty is void. And if you send to sony they will be able to tell that you have open the psp and see that you played around with the sticker and will refuse to fix it. And they will just send it back to you. So it is not worth playing around with screw and opening your psp. If you have a bricked psp and you have not open it in anyway then just send to sony they might put a new motherboard in or just send you new psp. Whatever they do you will get a working psp back and that should make you happy. But that is just what I think.

Thanks
Gaz

chickenclaws
April 11th, 2006, 23:51
yeppers thats how i got a ver 1.0 firmware (sonys so dumb)