PDA

View Full Version : snes9x question

fo0ob
April 8th, 2006, 22:20
I have snes9xTYL and play some roms fine, but others don’t work properly. Some turn black in the middle of the game, but I can still hear sound. Others just stop after the load screen, like final fantasy 2. when I tried street fighter 2 it got all the way to the intro movie, then turned black. Then I went to the menu and turned off the sound, and reset the rom and it went further to the start screen, but still turned black after that. Some roms like kirby’s dreamland worked the first time, but then the second time they didn’t load at all. Same with final fantasy 5, after the long intro movie I can hear sound but see black. Also in Zelda alttp when I hit a key its suppose to bring up a map but all I see is black.

1. Is this the rom’s problem or the emulator’s problem?
2. what do I do to fix this?
3. whats the best snes emu to use on psp?
4. would using a diff snes emu solve this problem?

thanks

pkmaximum
April 8th, 2006, 23:32
I'm going to have to say the rom because I use Zelda on Tyl all the time and this never happens to me.

AR15
April 11th, 2006, 01:03
try using the latest version of snes9xtyl if you can and change the graphics engine to psp accellerated + accurate

-{PhoeniX}-
April 15th, 2006, 17:14
UoSnesx is also good

FenixFreeze
April 25th, 2006, 02:46
IDK if this is a major help but, (i'm using Snes9xtyl.02c) i've had that same problem with games like mario rpg, and other more intense graphics games (secret of mana 2). you should fiddle with the graphics engine to see if that changes it up. At least on my version, most games play on Psp accelerated + accurate software, but games like SM2 and MRPG need it just to be on accurate. Try that, and try changing up the clocking etc. Other than that, it could just be faulty roms, dl some other copies from other sites.