PDA

View Full Version : Question about PAL revision 0 Dreamcast

Sputnik
April 9th, 2006, 01:19
Hi to all ! This is my first post on this forum ! I'm going to ask u something about a PAL revision 0 Dreamcast i have in my hand. I think to have bought something special...maybe not...but from what i know...these kind of DC are sold in very limited number and in Japan/USA only, cos of the high price that SEGA have to pay for that kind of cooling. This is real or not ? I hope to have a rare piece in my hand ! This DC also comes without a modem...on the expansion slot there is a plastic piece without any circuit inside, just a piece to give continuity to console shape ! I'll also post 2 pics of the console to prove this thing. Sorry if my english isn't perfect ! :)

http://www.lucapiemonte.com/rev0open.jpg
http://www.lucapiemonte.com/rev0label.jpg

Eric
April 9th, 2006, 02:35
That sounds pretty amazing i wouldnt mind seeing this. This must be a prototype version though i dont know how it would be released out to the public. Anyways sounding like to me it was one of the firsts released.

Cant wait to the pics gotta pick those pics up

Eric

Sputnik
April 9th, 2006, 13:19
Hi to all ! This is my first post on this forum ! I'm going to ask u something about a PAL revision 0 Dreamcast i have in my hand. I think to have bought something special...maybe not...but from what i know...these kind of DC are sold in very limited number and in Japan/USA only, cos of the high price that SEGA have to pay for that kind of cooling. This is real or not ? I hope to have a rare piece in my hand ! This DC also comes without a modem...on the expansion slot there is a plastic piece without any circuit inside, just a piece to give continuity to console shape ! I'll also post 2 pics of the console to prove this thing. Sorry if my english isn't perfect ! :)

Sorry for pics issues...dunno why, myb cos of free site that don't allow lot of connections at the same time =) Fixed ! :) And if u want more particular pics just ask ! ;)

ste
April 9th, 2006, 14:10
I had one of these here in the UK. A shop sold it to me and said it was from one of their original demonstration pods when the DC first came out. The laser broke pretty quick though and I exchanged it for a newer one that did have a modem.

Probably is rare but not sure of much benefit otherwise.

Sputnik
April 9th, 2006, 17:05
I had one of these here in the UK. A shop sold it to me and said it was from one of their original demonstration pods when the DC first came out. The laser broke pretty quick though and I exchanged it for a newer one that did have a modem.

Probably is rare but not sure of much benefit otherwise.

I think that a rev.1 and a rev.0 is the same...cos 0 and 1 can't read CD-RW and also cos there isn't clear differences between them except for the cooling sys. I'm just happy that a rev.0 PAL with heatpipe cooling sys is rare ! eheheh ! I wasn't searching benefits, cos if u have a DC R7 is rare but still a normal DC. Oke...lot of question solved now ! Tnx ! :D

Eric
April 9th, 2006, 18:46
Sorry i was wondering if you can show the back side where the phone line input is for the modem i just think it would interesting.

Eric

Sputnik
April 9th, 2006, 19:52
Sorry i was wondering if you can show the back side where the phone line input is for the modem i just think it would interesting.

Eric

Here you are :

http://www.lucapiemonte.com/back.jpg
http://www.lucapiemonte.com/tappo.jpg

fackue
April 10th, 2006, 13:36
That cooling system was on the first manufactured DC's. I owned a DC with that type of cooling. The modem thing is interesting. Never seen it before.

Cid Highwind
April 10th, 2006, 18:49
This kind of cooling looks a bit better than the normal cooling in other dc's, which is really cheap and doesn't even fit properly.

MrTeressaBond
May 16th, 2006, 00:57
that it awesome!

i wonder if that is possible to do on your own Dreamcast. hmmmmmm.

is it better than a ordinary fan?

Sputnik
June 8th, 2006, 21:26
I don't think it's possible cos u'll need the heatpipes long as u need to be, with that kind of radiator and of course the shape of the heatblock must be the same...i think u can get this type of cooling just if u have an original DC heatpipe cooled...and of course, it's better than the ordinary fan ! Bye

MrTeressaBond
June 10th, 2006, 18:18
huh?