PDA

View Full Version : Card not formatted...Huh?!

Lorestel
April 9th, 2006, 08:08
I've had my gbamp for a few months now, and I've never seen any problems. Then, a few days ago, I got this interesting little bug. Sometimes, when I turn my ds on, I get moonshell. The rest of the time I get the gba logo followed by an error saying that my compact flash card is not formatted. The card is formatted and works fine...so whats WRONG? If a take out the card the gbamp can tell that it's out. If I get to moonshell, I can only browse a folder or two before I suddenly return to the root menu with my folders names kinda garbled (some letters are switched with others, and every folder has a $ at the end of it). The same bugs will appear if I try to enter the gbamp in gba mode. Also, when the folder names appear different, it will always be the same (s replaced with w, p replaced with L). I've tried various things, but nothing helps. A guy at another forum had the exact same problems, but no one ever replied. Could someone please HELP?

---Summary
1. gbamp has bug
2. Says compact flash card isn't formatted when it actually is.
3. A few times, it will boot to moonshell like it's supposed to
4. Many times, moonshell folder/file names will become garbled.
5. If moonshell works, I can quickly try to open a file.
6. I'm not the only one with this problem.

Please reply.

jojotjuh
April 9th, 2006, 17:02
have you updated the firmware recently ?
Maybe you must update it AGAIN!
booting procedure? (flashme, IF flashme, wich version of flashme-passme(2)-passkey(2)-neokey-etc...
dust on cart?

Lorestel
April 9th, 2006, 22:42
Crap.... I somewhat found the problem. If I apply pressure to the compact flash card while it's in, the gbamp runs fine. This means that some part of the gbamp is loose. This also explains why cleaning and updating it wouldn't work. Course, It also means that there is nothing I can do to help. I can't find anything that appears loose, so what do I do? Do gbamps have warranties?

jojotjuh
May 12th, 2006, 20:04
sorry late answer :S

so, i dont know.
itmight be, the pins are too short.
better use SD version