PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! 2.6! Ahhh!

SL233
April 9th, 2006, 08:08
ok so i have a version 2.6, i got the eloader and the gta, and i can get into the eloader page. Ive tried uploading doom, iris, snake, helicopter, and several other games onto the GAMES folder in the psp. All of the files are decompressed. So after i load it up from gta, i am able to get to the eloader menu i am able to see the titles of all of my games. Everything looks normal so far... but when i click on one, it looks as if the PSP is loading the game, but then 10 seconds later it just shuts down. What am i doing wrong?

bullhead
April 9th, 2006, 11:37
Make sure you are using eloader bock
Make sure you use the windows auto installer
Make sure you are following the readme instructions exactly for the homebrew you are trying to run
Make sure the homebrew you are trying works with 2.6.
make sure you read the forums to find out what other people did to get it to work.
Make sure... good luck.

SL233
April 9th, 2006, 15:55
thanks ill try it out asap

SL233
April 9th, 2006, 17:35
ok i successfully got the eboot loader on and i can scroll through the menu. I got helicopter to work (but the game sucks) and i really want to get iris or doom to work. I have copied the folders onto the psp's GAME folder but it still wont seem to boot up. Am i doing something wrong or is it just that the 2.6 cant play doom/iris?

bullhead
April 9th, 2006, 17:49
There are so many excellent homebrews/emulators that work for 2.6 psp's. You are doing something wrong. The doom homebrew needs the doom wad file which can be downloaded(google it) The wad file needs to renamed to doom2.wad and put in the wad folder.
Also make sure to download doom 0.05 plus from this site.
Also you need to put the iris file in the root of your memory stick,ie; the top part, not mp_root

SL233
April 9th, 2006, 20:23
ohhh i see, thanks... i guess i was alittle messed up becasue a tutorial i was reading told me to copy everything into the GAME directory. But i guess they can be differnet. Thanks

bullhead
April 9th, 2006, 20:54
As long as you get it to work. Any questions dont hesitate to ask.

SL233
April 9th, 2006, 21:36
thanks aton!