PDA

View Full Version : FF for the PSP?

Forever~Zero
April 9th, 2006, 09:34
I saw on some other site that there will be a Final Fantasy for the PSP called Final Fantasy:Cirsis Core or something like that. So i am wondering anyone know the release dates for it? Gamespot just said Q4. Would love to know so i can save up on.

dieboybun
April 9th, 2006, 17:03
it's called crisis core: final fantasy vii, a prequel to ff7

Cooe14
April 9th, 2006, 19:40
Crisis Core is for cell phones (it's only in japan right now). :)

cloud_952
April 9th, 2006, 20:34
No, you're thinking "Before Crisis". That's only for cell phones, starring the Turks from the FF7 series. That was a prequel to the series.

"Crisis Core" is for the PSP. Hmm.. but I really didn't think it was a prequel. I don't remember right now, so.. I'll just say "sure".

Drunken
April 9th, 2006, 21:26
heh go to 1up.psp.com and there look up crisis core
and it should be a real game since its in there

Forever~Zero
April 10th, 2006, 09:56
heh go to 1up.psp.com and there look up crisis core
and it should be a real game since its in there

It gives me an invalid syntax error thing when i typed this in.

Crisis Core is for cell phones (it's only in japan right now). :)

There is one for Cells? Never heard of it. I'll try to find it for my cell. Hehe.

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2006, 10:16
ONLY IN JAPAN.... because... its too good for americans... japan needs no excuses

Musoka_Eimin
April 10th, 2006, 10:57
They are correct before crisis is the cell phone game. Crisis Core is for PSP, and as I understand it, takes place within some of the time frame of the original FFVII hence the name Crisis Core. I do not believe its a prequel its been a while since talking with people about it, but I THINK its supposed to offer bits of things during roundabouts some of the same time frame (not sure eXactly what this means they are pretty tight lipped on the project methinks) But again from what ive heard takes place during FFVII not sure on ANY more details like whether this features the cast from FFVII and advent children or whether its other individuals, what all will be in the game, etc.... I'm sure SquareZoft/EniX will do a great job tho. ;)

Forever~Zero
April 10th, 2006, 11:27
They are correct before crisis is the cell phone game. Crisis Core is for PSP, and as I understand it, takes place within some of the time frame of the original FFVII hence the name Crisis Core. I do not believe its a prequel its been a while since talking with people about it, but I THINK its supposed to offer bits of things during roundabouts some of the same time frame (not sure eXactly what this means they are pretty tight lipped on the project methinks) But again from what ive heard takes place during FFVII not sure on ANY more details like whether this features the cast from FFVII and advent children or whether its other individuals, what all will be in the game, etc.... I'm sure SquareZoft/EniX will do a great job tho. ;)

I find the supposed release date of FF to be quit interesting. It is scheluded to be released on 6th June 2006,06/06/06 or 666 the devils number. One more thing i cant belives no ones on the net has Before Crisis. Dangit.

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2006, 11:44
are you serios... 06/06/06 ??? seriously?

Forever~Zero
April 10th, 2006, 13:15
are you serios... 06/06/06 ??? seriously?

Yes i am. I googled it and a couple of link's put down 06/06/06 as the release dates. Here are two http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii/ and http://www.gamestats.com/objects/711/711340/

There are more but i cant stuff finding them right now. Busy with something

cloud_952
April 11th, 2006, 09:22
Forever~Zero:

Re: "One more thing i cant belives no ones on the net has Before Crisis."

Before Crisis only plays on one type of cell phone, running a certain type of system (OS and hardware), which is only available in Japan. There are no emulators for this type of phone, so a dump of the game would be useless.

Unfortunately, it gets worse. Even if we had an emu, and someone was able to dump it (not an easy endeavor), as you play, you download the next segment of the game at a time, so it seems to have some networking requirements built into it, meaning that someone would have to hack the game and splice all the pieces together.

^^; Due to all this.. it's safe to say that you'll never be able to play the game unless you go to Japan and buy a cell phone there. But, on a positive note, if you do that.. they have alot of great games on the mobile phones there. =D

In short: that's why no website has the game.

Forever~Zero
April 11th, 2006, 11:03
Forever~Zero:

Re: "One more thing i cant belives no ones on the net has Before Crisis."

Before Crisis only plays on one type of cell phone, running a certain type of system (OS and hardware), which is only available in Japan. There are no emulators for this type of phone, so a dump of the game would be useless.

Unfortunately, it gets worse. Even if we had an emu, and someone was able to dump it (not an easy endeavor), as you play, you download the next segment of the game at a time, so it seems to have some networking requirements built into it, meaning that someone would have to hack the game and splice all the pieces together.

^^; Due to all this.. it's safe to say that you'll never be able to play the game unless you go to Japan and buy a cell phone there. But, on a positive note, if you do that.. they have alot of great games on the mobile phones there. =D

In short: that's why no website has the game.

Meh screw it. My phone already has alot of games. Last count was 36.