PDA

View Full Version : Oh pacmanfan where have you gone?

kersplatty
April 9th, 2006, 13:45
Does anyone know what happened to pacmanfan and his pspsone emulator it's been ages and i thought it would be done by now. any news on him would be nice :o

pkmaximum
April 9th, 2006, 15:59
Hmm.... I would imagine a ps1 emulator requiring a lot of work and deticatioin so he might not have much update news to contribute at the moment. Or maybe he heard of the upcoming 3.0 firmware with PS1 games and said screw it. Really no one knows where he is.

kyle2194
April 9th, 2006, 18:20
Ages? Its been 2 months since the alpha was released.

lunasicc
April 10th, 2006, 07:19
Sony never stated there would be a PSone Emulator. They only stated the new "E-Distrubtion" service and that you could DOWNLOAD some PSone games. Meaning you will be playing modified PSone games under the PSP's GAME menu.

stotheamuel
April 10th, 2006, 07:46
why would he say screw it that would make him want to make it even more so people could stay on a low firmware... atleast in my opinion

Demulish
April 10th, 2006, 22:34
Have you tried e-mailing him? His last update (on another major PSP hacking site) was in March, in which he basically said the project was becoming quite a big one and that he was planning on getting other people to help him finish the thing.

bullhead
April 10th, 2006, 23:57
He will tell when hes ready. It is a massive project and no amount of "hurry up and give us a psone emulator" will make him work faster. Now, maybe a bit of a cash donation would do the trick.

RedKing14CA
April 11th, 2006, 00:08
Its just that now we have PSMonkey giving us an uptade with every fix, and every step closer to great emulation... while pacmanfan is keeping us in the dark..

bullhead
April 11th, 2006, 00:40
ah well, i guess different coders have different ways of working. im sure looking foward to it.

Shadowblind
April 11th, 2006, 01:13
is it just a rumer, or is sony really creating a ps1 emu 4 psp?

bullhead
April 11th, 2006, 14:07
Word is, its not going to play full games, just toned down rehashes. Pacmanfan aims to get a full working psone emu to run on the psp.