PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade 1.5 to 2.?

moapy
April 10th, 2006, 01:26
HI all,

I'm still running 1.5 and I'm enjoying my homebrew.

Can I get some advice on wether I should upgrade, as the new loader from Fanjita looks a lot better/cleaner than the kxploit one and I'd like to get the advantages of a 2.+ psp.

Can you advise what version is the best to run for homebrew, should I just stick with my 1.5? I can goto 2.0 and downgrade later but this seems like a lot of effort to goto.

The main stuff I run are console emus SNES NES etc. and a couple of other apps.

Cheers

shadowprophet
April 10th, 2006, 11:53
There isnt a single feature 2.0 gives one now, that homebrew has done, but only better.
Theres even a homebrew web browser now that isnt bad.

Im still on a 2.0 that was upgraded from 1.5, and ive been thinking about going back since the mph firmware loader will allow me to play more recent comercial games.

DeViLbOy
April 12th, 2006, 10:32
The only thing your going to miss out on is homebrew that runs in kernel mode and if you want to play the newer games you can just use the UMD launcher for 1.50.
But if you want the internet browser then you should upgrade.

bullhead
April 12th, 2006, 16:05
OR... use the homebrew web browser shadowprophet suggested.

-{PhoeniX}-
April 16th, 2006, 15:51
dont update, trust me the lower the firmware (version of PSP) the more your psp will be worth. stay as 1.50 however you could upgrade to v2.0 and then later use the downgrader to go back to v1.50 (downgrader only works with 2.0 firmware). your choice though.

bullhead
April 16th, 2006, 15:58
If you really wanted to upgrade to 2.01+, sell your 1.5. You will get so much money for it, compared to what it is worth, then just buy a 2.01 in the shop, you will make a handsome profit, as time goes buy. The longer you wait the more it will be worth.

-{PhoeniX}-
April 16th, 2006, 19:23
lol yea, good idea bullhead, but dont wait too long, you never know if a downgrader for v2.01+ is on its way, I dont know if it is but I bet somebody out there is going to attempt it. who knows they may suceed, profits for v1.00 - v1.50 PSPs will then be lost.

Zehsiol
April 21st, 2006, 00:59
im actually curious about something... have they found a way to play newer games. like Street Fighter for instance..it needs like what 2.5+ firmware? how do i get around this?

BALL_SAC
April 21st, 2006, 03:25
DO NOT UPDATE!!!, you can use run umd or another homebrew loader to boot up street fighter alpha max. Dude, if you update... you will regret it.

Cooe14
April 24th, 2006, 22:10
If your gonna update, update to fw2.0 so you still have the option to downgrade, and you don't have to have GTA to use the eloader.
Though i don't see why you would want to update in the first place.