PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM 2 (Messenger Client for PSP)

wraggster
April 10th, 2006, 14:35
Danzel (http://localhost.geek.nz/) has released a new version of his Multi Message Application Client for the PSP, heres whats new:

It is finally released, days or hours late, as per usual.

Changelog stuff:
New Graphics, complete new style
New keyboard (danzeff, see danzeff.txt for usage information)
You can rename contacts.
Less crashes! (maybe! lol)
Works on the new eloader!
Contact list scrolls automatically.
New msg popup.
When logging into wifi/bitlbee there is more feedback

READ THE README BEFORE INSTALLING! (It’ll answer most of your questions)

Enjoy

And while we’re at it, here is a fixed webnab for 2.00+, you can quit by pressing the select button (L+R+Start makes it crash)
get it here

I’ve got a paypal account up if you want to show your appreciation in the form of dollar signs

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

StealthCP
April 10th, 2006, 18:27
Excellent...

Datahax
April 10th, 2006, 21:22
very cool, now I can talk to people anywhere

01cooperl
April 10th, 2006, 23:23
I cant seem to get mine to work...

it connects to the network, and asks to create a username and password and when I press enter it just hangs

Am I doing anything wrong?

idapimp
April 11th, 2006, 07:34
HURRAY NEW KEYBOARD!!! when you make a user name and password you push down and it should say "resolving" then should connect and tell you to add accounts.

crazy_biker420
April 11th, 2006, 11:12
it shoudl be the d pad for typing

Stealth Kill
April 11th, 2006, 17:01
how can i add my friends to my buddy list? can you make me an example the icq number from friend is 218148529 i don't know his nickname.

zx-81
April 11th, 2006, 21:32
The new keyboard is great ! works fine on 2.5, i can chat with all my friends as i do it on linux with gaim :D

thePavelish
April 12th, 2006, 02:41
when creating new bitlbee account, it says Resolving on top and just stays there.

is there anything i can try? afkim previous versions also got stuck at this same place.

DJSHOTz
April 14th, 2006, 23:46
im new at this were do i put the file i just downloaded....

pspdingo
April 17th, 2006, 17:44
im using the 1.5 one

it works realli good !

one questoin though...

i d/c from my MSN account by typing 'account off'

now. wat i wanna know is how do i exit from the actual program?

currently im jus exiting by pressing home and then exit that way.. but is there a propper way ?

thanks

pt9087
May 15th, 2006, 15:02
lol get frogo 0.6 for msn messenger
its nearly identicle to the actual one!!
put the download in the game folder!
killer show me the yoga!lol!

Dbgtgoten
June 1st, 2006, 06:41
hey hey any chance they might add a sound file so when you get a new message it bings or something like the real msn^^ thanks i could use that so i dun fall alsleep XD

dxdarkness
June 18th, 2006, 04:01
titpoyiur]yui

yugifan156
July 13th, 2006, 19:42
Is there any way to make the new version work on 2.6?:confused:

ps: I love the first one it works great for me But I like the look of the new better:rolleyes:

yugifan156
July 15th, 2006, 19:59
so anybody get it to work on 2.6?

caseyhalone
July 16th, 2006, 02:38
Try downgrading, if you cant do that, then sell your psp to someone who wants a "newer one" and scope out pawnshops.

Torn
January 13th, 2007, 14:25
hey guys. i have a 2.71 psp and a running devhook on it, but it doesnt work.when i try to start it the psp shuts off. do you know what i do wrong?

mavsman4457
January 13th, 2007, 17:24
hey guys. i have a 2.71 psp and a running devhook on it, but it doesnt work.when i try to start it the psp shuts off. do you know what i do wrong?

Just downgrade it.

Fittersman
February 10th, 2007, 04:28
mine doesnt get any furthur then connection state 3 of 4....

it wont connect, unless it takes like 20 minutes or somethine...

nevermind, it just seems to take a long time...

verrwirung
March 16th, 2007, 07:10
what's the problem with the file?? i can't even download it?
anyway,i don't know why anyone would buy a latest version then downgrade it to 1.5...
i have a 3.03 oe-c version yet i can get all the homebrews apps (esp those for 1.5) to work...
that's a secret i would like to keep until noone ask...
PM me & i might tell you...
:thumbup:

Fittersman
March 18th, 2007, 03:39
what's the problem with the file?? i can't even download it?
anyway,i don't know why anyone would buy a latest version then downgrade it to 1.5...
i have a 3.03 oe-c version yet i can get all the homebrews apps (esp those for 1.5) to work...
that's a secret i would like to keep until noone ask...
PM me & i might tell you...
:thumbup:

they mean the latest sony firmware, then downgrade to 1.5 so you can either run it or upgrade to an OE firmware (you cant just go straight from sony's higher firmwares to an OE firmware)

by the way, whats that secret? if its the OE-C secret, then thats not really a secret, im sure everyone on here has a custom firmware

BATTICUS
March 22nd, 2007, 22:35
hi i have version 2.71se-c with devhook i place the file wer i normally put my games wich is iso folder and when i go into memory stick it says corrupt data can someone please help me

F9zDark
March 22nd, 2007, 22:48
You should put it in Game, not ISO. And now there is Afkim3, might want to look into upgrading.

As well, may I suggest upgrading to 3.03 OE-C, should work fine on that.