PDA

View Full Version : NO-KXploit Patcher for 1.50

wraggster
April 10th, 2006, 16:05
Moonlight from PS2Dev (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5436) has released NO-KXploit Patcher for 1.50 PSPs, heres the info:

This program will patch the firmware 1.50 (in RAM) to allow it to run normal pbp's.

The patch will remain resident in the firmware until one of these conditions happen:
1) A program crashes the psp, forcing you to do 2.
2) You restart your psp holding the power button or remove the battery.

You can run/exit games/homebrews, put the psp in sleep mode... none of those things will delete the patch from RAM.

I don't know if someone will find this useful since most current homebrews are kxploited, but it's a solution to having 2 folders, hiding icons... and all those annoying things.

It's also an example of a program that remains resident surviving sceKernelLoadExec, sceKernelExitGame, maybe someone finds that useful (there is a part of the code that it's executed with no firmware in RAM :), some cool things could be done with that)

Download and Give Feedback on an Excellent Release via Comments

bonzai10
April 10th, 2006, 16:11
I woder if it works. I'm pretty shure there is risk of bricing your PSP.

looptrooper
April 10th, 2006, 16:38
it does works, and there is no risk to brick your psp because everything is done in RAM! i donīt know if you understand that..

philage
April 10th, 2006, 17:13
This is great news, personaly I wont use it, however, the proof of concept is awsome work. Very Nice, keep it up. Hopefully this can be developed even futher :)

shadowprophet
April 10th, 2006, 17:28
I updated to 2.0 a while back.
But yet another reason for me to downgrade :p

grin.ch
April 10th, 2006, 18:24
This is REALLY exciting!!! I have like 60-75 homebrews on a 2GB card. With removing all of the % folders, I will most likely free up another 5-10MB and that's good, b/c my 2GB MS is chock full...

Thanks Moonlight!!!

StealthCP
April 10th, 2006, 18:26
Why did you update to 2.0? There is no longer anything you can do in 2.0 that you can't do in 1.5: you can even do 2.0 in 1.5!!

Anyway, excellent work. I'm gonna test this now.

felonyr301
April 10th, 2006, 19:26
good job until i get my BIG memory stick and start filling up with tons of homebrew software then ill download this and give it a try but right now the % folders is not really a bother though

shadowprophet
April 10th, 2006, 19:52
Why did you update to 2.0? There is no longer anything you can do in 2.0 that you can't do in 1.5: you can even do 2.0 in 1.5!!

Anyway, excellent work. I'm gonna test this now.

I had just got socom and gta. and I really wanted to play them lol

And yes I could downgrade back to 1.5 in fact ive been thinking it over for a while now :p

r2works
April 10th, 2006, 20:42
will this allow you to return from sleep mode while using MPH gameloader? or has that issue been resolved?

Datahax
April 10th, 2006, 20:56
This is nice, but I'd sooner like somthing that would patch the firmware permenently, though that probably isn't going to happen.

Sterist
April 10th, 2006, 21:00
Why did you update to 2.0? There is no longer anything you can do in 2.0 that you can't do in 1.5

u can play 2.00 games without hastle and without a risk of freezing. plus socom online :) PWNZ!!!11!1

plus a browser with a download capability and cursor, and u can do up to 3 pages with it. not to mention the countless other pc-features on the browser

that said, the next thing we need is to "patch" the 2.00 firmware and remove the security so u can launch from the sony OS again

IndianCheese
April 10th, 2006, 22:13
This would work greatly with PSPdualBoot when it is released. Hmmm...I can't seem to use the Home button to exit.

grin.ch
April 10th, 2006, 23:47
WTF?? This doesn't work... I removed one of my "%" folders and tried to play the game and the games section didn't even list the game with only one folder. How the hell does this work? Also, I have tried pBpMaker and PBPUnpacker and none of them work on the non % folder. How do you extract files from the program folder?

nyrtrublue
April 10th, 2006, 23:57
but i launch my homebrew from a shell but really nice work though

urherenow
April 11th, 2006, 00:12
WTF?? This doesn't work... I removed one of my "%" folders and tried to play the game and the games section didn't even list the game with only one folder. How the hell does this work? Also, I have tried pBpMaker and PBPUnpacker and none of them work on the non % folder. How do you extract files from the program folder?

You can't simply remove one of the folders. You need to use PSPbrew to turn the homebrew in question into a single, eboot.pbp. Or... extract the contents of both eboots and put it all into a new eboot with pbpunpacker. Basically, you aren't going to save any space with this. You will just end up with a cleaner directory tree and a permanent fix for the corrupt icons..

CoderX
April 11th, 2006, 00:45
This is a stupid app, the fact that it is not a bricking risk makes it useless.

If it was a flash app it would be useful, but my psp crashes all the time, and this would be a pain

felonyr301
April 11th, 2006, 01:08
dont sh!t on the program because of your bad luck make sure you did everything good...........

bill00000
April 11th, 2006, 01:18

If it was a flash app it would be useful, but my psp crashes all the time, and this would be a pain

I'll agree with your second point, my PSP crashes a lot too, trying out new homebrew all the time, so this wouldn't be the best option for me. But don't call it a stupid app just because it's not useful to you. It's a good idea.

Sterist
April 11th, 2006, 01:20
pwnd

Psphreak
April 11th, 2006, 03:07

I agree as well. If there was a pretty stable program that would flash it to fw, then it *might* be useful. In current state I wouldn't use it. Good idea though.

Bobby Lemain
April 11th, 2006, 06:05
the ram part of it should hand you some major props..... but you can just use the "PGO" aplsdajeaej Game Organizer utility thing which sometimes messes up making you have to add a letter or to to a folder. But, if you realy don't wanna do this but wawnna get rid of the % folders get IR Shell and hit R+Triangle then browse to ur eboot, of use lua player to browse to an .LUA file... ya..... (I have alot of free time... plus im gonna get a second psp!.... I just can't wait for homebrew to assimilate JB:with Love From Russia and Tekken 5:DR!!!!!) ya...

mog
April 11th, 2006, 14:22
This app sounds great, i cant see why no-one thought of something like this before...
Maybe now people will stop releasing homebrew in annoying kxploit format :p
All homebrew can be released in nice original 1.00 format, it's annoying using psp-brew for every time i download homebrew.

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 16:16
I don't like this app. I tried it and there's really no point in cleaning up just some of your directories. I made the stupid a**ed mistake of making ALL of my games 1.0 games and then I found I had to conveniently delete all the games on my ms0 and reinstall everything. (luckily, I keep backups!) Maybe my fault, but again, I don't think it's worth it. Thinking it would've worked on all of my homebrew, it would've been worth it if all of my folders could've become 1.0 games to clean the whole game folder, but not worth it for just some of the folders to be made 1.0 and others kept 1.50. but w/e...

IndianCheese
April 12th, 2006, 03:33
Ok, I have used this program to its extent and found this:

Most of the time programs don't want to be launched through programs (or even recognized by iR Shell!)
It has a REALLY bad icon
The PSP screen stays on for a really long time for some apps

stotheamuel
April 12th, 2006, 03:37

official douche bag^

i like it its good and i'm sure itll be improved

Mr. Shizzy
April 28th, 2006, 08:53
This App Rocks! The less pesky corrupt icons to scroll through the better!!!!

xXSujoXx
May 29th, 2006, 17:42
mad games dont work with it why?