PDA

View Full Version : PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.0.6

zx-81
April 10th, 2006, 19:27
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Ti92calc.jpg

Hi All,

I've just released the version 1.0.6 of the PSP TI-92 calculator.

What's new in this version ?

- Using LTRIGGER + X key, you can now have the LCD of the TI-92 in full screen, much more convenient to play TI-92 games :).

- A simple but usefull TI-92 application called "auto close braquets" has been added in the package (found on ticalc.org web site).

I remember you that PSPXTI version prior to 1.0.4 are buggy and computation errors may occurs, so please update to earlier releases.

Many TI92 stuff can be found on the following urls :
http://www.ticalc.org, and on the texas instruments web site http://education.ti.com

You need the rom of your TI-92 or TI-92 plus, but it is NOT part of the PSPXTI package because it is the property of Texas Instruments !

This version works with 2.xFW. and 1.5FW.

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

wraggster
April 10th, 2006, 19:48
your really kicking some ass these days in the PSP scene :)

zx-81
April 10th, 2006, 19:49
thanks lol ! :D :D

Edward472
April 10th, 2006, 20:00
i love sitting in class and my professor asking me where to get a psp to put your program on it

Damian666
April 10th, 2006, 20:15
ZX-81 you're kick ass man, seriously, I, no the whole community gives thanx to you on your successful updates on these programs, I can't thank you enough on how much you saved me money. Keep at it!!!

uhoh_hotdogs
April 10th, 2006, 20:46
Oh my goodness. This is really awesome. With every release it gets just better and better. . . For the "Auto close brackets" do you have to load the app such as you would for the akranoid game? If so, do you have to do it everytime you start up the calculator? Other than that, keep up the GREAT work man.

felonyr301
April 10th, 2006, 20:49
thanks for the updates man you are really saving us college guys some money so thanks ma dude lol

Musoka_Eimin
April 10th, 2006, 21:01
Awesome friggin app man propz keep up all the great work!!! Thank you!

zx-81
April 10th, 2006, 21:17
Oh my goodness. This is really awesome. With every release it gets just better and better. . . For the "Auto close brackets" do you have to load the app such as you would for the akranoid game? If so, do you have to do it everytime you start up the calculator? Other than that, keep up the GREAT work man.

You load it and run it only once :). After it will be saved in the ti92.mem file, so each time you run PSPXTI, it will be already loaded.

Anyway i suggest you to save the file ti92.mem when you have loaded all your favorite .92 files. Thus, if PSP-XTI crash (illegal instruction or whatever), you can retreive all your files by restoring the ti92.mem file :)

Damian666
April 10th, 2006, 21:51
:) :) :) ZX-81 or anyone else in this forum, I need a favor, since i can't post my own thread for the time being, I need you to tell Wraggster that the Cheatsync program is back online now. The current website is www.cheatsync.net for all of you GTA fans out there, including myself.-Thanx I really appreciate it! :) :) :)

uhoh_hotdogs
April 10th, 2006, 22:18
You load it and run it only once :). After it will be saved in the ti92.mem file, so each time you run PSPXTI, it will be already loaded.

Anyway i suggest you to save the file ti92.mem when you have loaded all your favorite .92 files. Thus, if PSP-XTI crash (illegal instruction or whatever), you can retreive all your files by restoring the ti92.mem file :)
Alright then, I'll go and save the file right now. Thanks again.

Gamer8174
April 11th, 2006, 02:07
Hey, this emulator is one of the most useful things I have on the psp. It allows a whole new branch of homebrew to be played along with being able to solve almost any equation I come across, just type in TI-92 games and you will find atleast 100 quality games. Also, can you run .9xp files on the emulator? In your readme its says only applications with the extension of .92* will work but im unsure if you know about .9xp's.

Thanks, JD

vichhaykhiev
April 11th, 2006, 06:21
Thx zx-81!!!!!
Now i have ti92p205.rom and all other ti92.rom. But when i load the ti92p205.rom (renamed>>> ti92.rom) It wont load the screen and led the white screen. and also other thing when i used the ti92.rom plus version 1.01, it worked fine but when i try to load Apps and games ... it wont load. Please zx-81 can u tell me how to solve this problem. thx

zx-81
April 11th, 2006, 08:16
Hey, this emulator is one of the most useful things I have on the psp. It allows a whole new branch of homebrew to be played along with being able to solve almost any equation I come across, just type in TI-92 games and you will find atleast 100 quality games. Also, can you run .9xp files on the emulator? In your readme its says only applications with the extension of .92* will work but im unsure if you know about .9xp's.

Thanks, JD

All .9* files i've tried work properly, so your .9xp files should work, give it a try :)

zx-81
April 11th, 2006, 08:18
Thx zx-81!!!!!
Now i have ti92p205.rom and all other ti92.rom. But when i load the ti92p205.rom (renamed>>> ti92.rom) It wont load the screen and led the white screen. and also other thing when i used the ti92.rom plus version 1.01, it worked fine but when i try to load Apps and games ... it wont load. Please zx-81 can u tell me how to solve this problem. thx

PSPTI-92 works only with Ti-92 roms, and TI-92+ v1.01 (but not earlier versions).

To load a .92 file, you should press L+R+Select, then choose your file and press O. After that, you have to press the Var-LINK button of the ti-92 calculator (2nd + '-' key) and choose the program you want to run.

Close the program call line with a ')' and hit ENTER.

Zx.

vichhaykhiev
April 11th, 2006, 18:12
thx zx-81!! i got it work now. thx for ur hard work.

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 21:24
oh, that's what that's for... (college kids and stuff) I was like, who the hell wants a calculator homebrew? gay! but it looks like it serves a good purpose. Good job, zx81!

uhoh_hotdogs
April 12th, 2006, 08:54
All .9* files i've tried work properly, so your .9xp files should work, give it a try :)
Hmmm. I couldn't get the autoclose bracket app to run. When I load it, as well as other .9xp files that I've tried, it appears as if nothing happens. when I go to "var-link" no new programs appear. Hmmm. Perhaps it's just my problem? Or does anyone else have this? From the files that I've tried, I can ONLY run .92p files.

zx-81
April 12th, 2006, 09:09
It may happen that the file is not loaded properly at first time, and you have to load it again (until it appears in the Var-link menu).

uhoh_hotdogs
April 14th, 2006, 07:14
It may happen that the file is not loaded properly at first time, and you have to load it again (until it appears in the Var-link menu).
I tried over and over again but it just wouldn't work!!! (It just would not show up in the var-link menu no matter how many times I loaded the app) So I tried it with a TI-92+ ROM and it finally worked. (I had been using a regular TI-92 ROM up until now)
Did anyone else with a REGULAR TI-92 ROM have this problem?

zx-81
April 14th, 2006, 09:19
Games or applications written for TI-92+, may not work properly for TI-92 ... And most of games and applications are written for the TI-92+ ...

;)

uhoh_hotdogs
April 14th, 2006, 18:23
All applications and games that were writtten for the TI-92 however, should be compatible with the TI-92+ right?

zx-81
April 14th, 2006, 18:51
Yes, it should be :)

Faison
April 16th, 2006, 18:06
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Ti92calc.jpg

Hi All,

I've just released the version 1.0.6 of the PSP TI-92 calculator.

What's new in this version ?

- Using LTRIGGER + X key, you can now have the LCD of the TI-92 in full screen, much more convenient to play TI-92 games :).

- A simple but usefull TI-92 application called "auto close braquets" has been added in the package (found on ticalc.org web site).

I remember you that PSPXTI version prior to 1.0.4 are buggy and computation errors may occurs, so please update to earlier releases.

Many TI92 stuff can be found on the following urls :
http://www.ticalc.org, and on the texas instruments web site http://education.ti.com

You need the rom of your TI-92 or TI-92 plus, but it is NOT part of the PSPXTI package because it is the property of Texas Instruments !

This version works with 2.xFW. and 1.5FW.

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.
Try as I may, I can't get the emulator to work. I follow the README file to the T and all I can on my PSP when I try and run is CORRUPTED DATA. Please Help, I want this emulator so bad it hurts.

zx-81
April 16th, 2006, 21:42
You have to install and to use the eloader of Fanjita & Ditlew to run this emulator ...

Mugen84
May 15th, 2006, 22:33
thanks alot for this one

zx-81
May 15th, 2006, 22:37
welcome, enjoy :)

luis_05
May 20th, 2006, 06:37
dammit!! where can i find the T1-92 rom?

zx-81
May 20th, 2006, 14:22
dammit!! where can i find the T1-92 rom?

google.it ...

uudem
August 24th, 2006, 22:21
not working same prob with HP I dunno why

zx-81
August 24th, 2006, 22:24
not working same prob with HP I dunno why

Can you give us some more details ? what kind of error do you get ?

All those two calculator emulators need rom files (that are not part of the archive, because it's the property of respectively HP and TI ...)

:confused:

spencermorse
December 7th, 2007, 06:02
hey where can i get the rom for this

zx-81
December 7th, 2007, 07:40
a link is available on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/4-TI-92

spencermorse
December 10th, 2007, 23:51
a link is available on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/4-TI-92

so all i do is download this then extract it from winzip then save it on F:\PSP\GAME then downlaod the rom and extract it from winzip then save that in F:\PSP\GAME\pspxti-v1.0.6?

zx-81
December 12th, 2007, 13:41
so all i do is download this then extract it from winzip then save it on F:\PSP\GAME then downlaod the rom and extract it from winzip then save that in F:\PSP\GAME\pspxti-v1.0.6?

As it is written in the README, you have to put the folder fw3x/pspxti in the PSP/GAME371/PSPXTI folder on your psp (if you have a fw 3.71).

So at the end you should have the eboot file here :

F:\PSP\GAME371\PSPXTI\EBOOT.PBP

Put the rom in the same location (ti92.rom) but be aware that this @$#*$ of windows hide file extention by default.

spencermorse
December 13th, 2007, 05:23
As it is written in the README, you have to put the folder fw3x/pspxti in the PSP/GAME371/PSPXTI folder on your psp (if you have a fw 3.71).

So at the end you should have the eboot file here :

F:\PSP\GAME371\PSPXTI\EBOOT.PBP

Put the rom in the same location (ti92.rom) but be aware that this @$#*$ of windows hide file extention by default.

hey i tryed everything you said and when i click on it , it says the game could not be started

zx-81
December 13th, 2007, 19:20
try disabling all other plugins ? i really don't understand why it doesn't work ... It works fine here on fw 3.71-m33

spencermorse
December 14th, 2007, 00:45
try disabling all other plugins ? i really don't understand why it doesn't work ... It works fine here on fw 3.71-m33

in the note folder it says rom_in_here and when i put it in it is it saposed to show up as a bunch of weird symbols like this"!xN &N &ڎ!**A N /NN `N /N /N /N /F N $B?2< 9 ` g SA2NuE` E` E` E` E` E` E" ? how do i disable other programs