PDA

View Full Version : ElderScrolls:IV Oblivion rules!

Cap'n 1time
April 10th, 2006, 21:53
Well, I havnt had a chance to play it but the previouse title "Morrowind" blew me away with its depth and astronomical playtime as well as quallity comercial expansions.

Anyway from IGN:

Oblivion Summons Record-Breaking Sales
The long-awaited RPG is swimming in septims.
by Kathleen Sanders

April 10, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks announced today that Oblivion, the fourth installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series, has sold more than 1.7 million copies for PC and Xbox 360 since its March 20th launch date.

According to the NPD group Oblivion is currently the top selling PC game in North America, Germany, France, and the UK with the Special Collector's Edition (which includes Pocket Guide to the Empire, "Making of Oblivion" Documentary, and a Septim Gold Coin for a retail cost $10 more than the non-collector's edition) right behind it. The two versions represented 13% of all PC game sales during their first week of release.

On the console side of Tamriel, the title is reported as the "fastest selling" game for the Xbox 360.

The Elder Scrolls series is no stranger to success: the previous title in the series, Morrowind, is still one of the top 25 best-selling PC games -- four years after its release.

The game is supposed to be just as good as the previouse installment (just better looking and quite a few new features were added). one thing sticks in my mind though... when will we see a Elder Scrolls MMOG?

Anyway, even if you dont have and xbox360, you can pick up the xbox Morrowind GOTY edition for $20... I promiss it wont leave your xbox's disc drive for a good long time. :) No blue hair. No chickens to ride on. Nothing but classic rpg action here.