PDA

View Full Version : i can't play new non nds roms on my r4

hobossuck
July 4th, 2009, 07:02
everytime i put a new non nds (snes, gamboy) rom file for my emulation of the game console on the r4 it wont work but the old roms work and play perfectly can you guys help me fix this problem

Megatron222
July 4th, 2009, 22:56
My r4 should be here in a few days I will let you know if I have the same problem.

djshok
July 5th, 2009, 13:20
If you want to play SNES or Gameboy games off the R4 you first need to put an emulator app onto the card. For SNES the best one is SNEmulDS ( http://www.snemul.com/ds/ )

Just dl the SNEmulDS and extract the files. Put the .nds and .cfg files onto the R4 the way you would a normal DS rom. Then make a SNES folder on the SD card you use with the R4 and drag your SNES roms into it. Put the R4 back into the DS, turn it on and you should have SNEmul.nds show up in the list of your games. Run it like you'd run a game. It'll have the option to load a game, choose one of the SNES roms that you put on the R4 and you're set to go. Keep in mind this thing isn't perfect and not all games work on it.

hobossuck
July 7th, 2009, 05:15
it just when ever i put a new rom for one of them they dont work

djshok
July 9th, 2009, 15:18
You mean when you add a new SNES or GameBoy rom to your SD card it doesn't work on the DS?

If this is case, then it's likely that either the rom you downloaded is a bad one, try dling the same rom from a different site. Or your emulator is bad because you didn't extract all the files to the SD card, or again one of the fies was bad.

I know with the SNEmulDS not all SNES games run on it, so that could be the issue. However, as far as I know all the GameBoy games run on the Lame Boy emulator.

Try the following.

- delete the SNES and GB emulators and roms off your micro SD card (back them up just in case, if you want)
- redownload Lame Boy and SNEmulDS
- put Lame Boy and SNEmulDS back onto your micro SD card, make sure they go in the root directory of the card
- make separate folders for your roms (one for SNES, one for GB)
- redownload the roms you want, extract and put the rom files into the appropriate folders you just made

you might want to test this with some roms that are widely known to work, like Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES.

See if that works.