PDA

View Full Version : US UMDs on a Japanese PSP

linkboy
April 11th, 2006, 15:11
I have a downgraded 2.00 (its now 1.50) white PSP and I was wondering if anyone's released a program that enables it to play US UMDs.

I dropped my American 1.50 PSP (and it broke :mad: ) and now I can't play my Family Guy UMD (its the only UMD video disc I own).

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 21:36
I ordered a White PSP off of eBay (from Hong Kong) and it play(ed) US UMD movies just fine until I ripped a piece off the mother board trying to install PSP iTrip. Now it definitely plays UMDs fine b/c it has the motherboard from my black (US) PSP in it!

dieboybun
April 12th, 2006, 00:47
I have a downgraded 2.00 (its now 1.50) white PSP and I was wondering if anyone's released a program that enables it to play US UMDs.

I dropped my American 1.50 PSP (and it broke :mad: ) and now I can't play my Family Guy UMD (its the only UMD video disc I own).
upgrade it to 2.0 and then downgrade it to us version of 1.5

linkboy
April 12th, 2006, 01:12
upgrade it to 2.0 and then downgrade it to us version of 1.5

That won't work for two reasons

1) The firmware doesn't control the UMD region playback.

2) There isn't a US 1.50 firmware download (since it is the original US launch firmware, much in the same way as there isn't a way to downgrade to the 1.00 firmware (since it was the original Japanese firmware). Its only possible to downgrade to the Japanese 1.50 firmware (which I've already done).