PDA

View Full Version : Lua Player v0.19

wraggster
April 11th, 2006, 16:26
Shine, Nevyn and the rest of the Lua Team (http://www.luaplayer.org/) have released a new version of the software that has revolutionised the PSP Scene for Non coders and those with little experiance by enabling them to create demos, games and applications for all versions of PSP firmware, heres whats new in this release:

v0.19
==========
- directory detection bugfix [moonlight]
- Changed System.loadModule to loadlib to work. [Oobles]
the same as the traditional lua loadlib function.
- Made loadlib check if a module is already loaded before trying
to load. [Oobles]
- Removed getLuaState export. No longer required. [Oobles]
- Made debugOutput work in the same way as printf in bootstrap. [Oobles]
- Added loadlib.prx kernel module. required for module loading. [Oobles]
- Added a module sample for manipulating images [Shine]

Some additional news posted on the site:

This is the first version with the changed new module load support by Oobles. The modules concept should be stable now, but if you have problems with it, try an older version (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21838). See the effect-module and the Game Of Life example how to write your own modules.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Check out our amazing Lua Sections with all the Lua Releases to the Scene.

Lua Games (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-lua-games.shtml)
Lua Demos (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-lua-demos.shtml)
Lua Applications (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-lua-applications.shtml)

Thanks to Haggar for the heads up :)

CeramicMonkey
April 11th, 2006, 19:26
does ne 1 still operate on 1.0 ne more? y would you? cause i honestly dont know the difference really. huh...

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 19:54
man, I still wanna learn to program LUA games since that's easier than using PSPSDK and all that...

Apoklepz
April 11th, 2006, 20:02
Wow....that was fast.

dragaron
April 11th, 2006, 20:33
does ne 1 still operate on 1.0 ne more? y would you? cause i honestly dont know the difference really. huh...

It's good that the v1.0 eBoot's are still distributed because more often than not it's the v1.0 eBoot and NOT the v1.5 eBoot that works with the GTA exploit. Does anyone know if this version of LUA works with the GTA exploit?

uhoh_hotdogs
April 11th, 2006, 22:51
It's good that the v1.0 eBoot's are still distributed because more often than not it's the v1.0 eBoot and NOT the v1.5 eBoot that works with the GTA exploit. Does anyone know if this version of LUA works with the GTA exploit?
I couldn't get the 1.5 version to work, I'm going to try the 1.0 right now. Hmmm. I can't get the 1.0 version to work either! I must be doing something wrong.

nigelrigel
April 12th, 2006, 00:16
dude, sometimes it just doesnt work!

dragaron
April 12th, 2006, 03:35
I couldn't get the 1.5 version to work, I'm going to try the 1.0 right now. Hmmm. I can't get the 1.0 version to work either! I must be doing something wrong.

What Nigelrigel says is true, sometimes even a 1.0 eBoot will not work with the GTA exploit. As far as I know, the only stable versions of LUA that work with the GTA exploit are 14 and 16 (according to Fanjitas website).

uhoh_hotdogs
April 12th, 2006, 07:44
What Nigelrigel says is true, sometimes even a 1.0 eBoot will not work with the GTA exploit. As far as I know, the only stable versions of LUA that work with the GTA exploit are 14 and 16 (according to Fanjitas website).
Yeah. The only one that I've had sucess with would have to have been the .16 version. I wished this one would have worked though so I could have ran some of the newer LUA programs.

CeramicMonkey
April 13th, 2006, 02:09

oh cool...good to know

samirz999
April 15th, 2006, 01:55
I NEED HELP!
how do u put the LUA player on ur PSP?

what folder of your PSP do you put it in?

what other programs do u need?

CocaCola
April 28th, 2006, 00:58
You need to have a certain version of firmware on your PSP. If you're any higher in your firmare version than 1.5, you won't be able to run Lua Player on your PSP, and evidentally not for 2.6 firmware either. If you're running a 1.0 PSP, create a folder called "GAME" (w/o the quotes) inside the PSP folder of your memory stick. In that folder, place the Lua Player folder. If you're on 1.5, the Lua Player should come pre kxploited (I'm not sure, I've not downloaded it since I'm on 2.6), meaning one folder of Lua should have a "%" sign, and one shouldn't. You also put that in a game folder.

PSPh4ck3rCMD
May 2nd, 2006, 17:07
could someone email me a link to luaplayer .16 i have looked everywere and cant find it i have 2.00 so cant use .19 cause it uses .prx

iamtheonetruejebus
May 5th, 2006, 18:13
i have a 2.6 firmware, so does it mean that i have to run the 1.o eboot and then install the components in the .16 version of lua, where excactly do i put these components? under the game folder or is this a seperate program all together.or do i actually go thru the gta process and locate the lua player thru the eloader menu.like i would do it with the snes emulator.

Mariopop87
May 26th, 2006, 21:45
could someone email me a link to luaplayer .16 i have looked everywere and cant find it i have 2.00 so cant use .19 cause it uses .prx
Well, I went to luaplayer's website, and found the earlier versions there.

Try that.

StealthCP
June 2nd, 2006, 22:50
That release date was my birthday!

Happy Birthday!:D