PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FoF and Gianas Return

Horscht
April 11th, 2006, 17:01
Hi

I just recently got a DC and finaly got Selfboot Inducer working yesterday (bin2boot wouldn't want to work on my PC, always gave errors so I have to take the CDRecord route, but it works)

I already made myself a nice NesterDCSE disk with all my NES games, and also made a Disk with a few homebrew games and 2 SNES emus.

I got the SBI files from sbiffy!com, the games/emus/apps included in my compilation are:

Emus: DreamSNES 0.9.8, SNES4All Alpha 3 (made the sbi myself using sbi builder)

Apps: VMU tool 0.7.0 (I think I got that sbi from the creators hp)

Games: Feet of Fury, Gianas Return, Noiz2SA, Super Mario War, Tetris2, TetrisCD

Everything works, except for Feet of Fury and Gianas Return.

Feet of Fury boots, but It doesn't seem to recognize my controller (it's a 3rd party controller). It just cycles through Demo mode and the title screen, but I can't press start. The weird thing is, that I went to the Homepage of FoF, and they had a peripheral testing program, in which my controller worked just fine.

A similar thing happens with Giana's return. All it does, is load the screen which says "Gianas Return". I assume that I have to press start on that screen and the game doesn't recognize my Controller.

can someone tell me what's wrong? Would FoF work if I bought a copy from the distributor?

tia

Horscht

Darksaviour69
April 11th, 2006, 18:42
do you have a unoffical VMU in the controler? there are some types that don't work well with Homebrew

Horscht
April 11th, 2006, 18:50
no, it's an official vmu with dead batteries

I tried booting without a VMU inserted, too

Darksaviour69
April 11th, 2006, 19:20
oh, btw the demo version a the retail version are very different, i'm guessing the retail supports more controlers... maybe thats the problem

Horscht
April 11th, 2006, 19:24
so, given that the testing utility i downloaded from the feet of fury site works with my controller, you suggest that I buy the retail version instead? Oh, well. it's just 8 $, so worth a shot.

But what about Giana?

btw, i just noticed that there's a help section. Fell free to move this thread if you want.

EDIT: i just noticed that also RadQuake has this problem as well :(

I supose I need to get an official controller then