PDA

View Full Version : Run 2.0 Umd Video On 1.5 ????

Accordion
April 11th, 2006, 17:13
Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to run UMD VIDEOs which require an update to 2.0 or higher ??????????????????????????????

None of my UMD VIDEOS work with RunUMD or MPH 2.0Gameloader

I have been searching for quite a long time, dont understand why not
Please help

Accordion
April 15th, 2006, 18:59
some body please help me
even if you give me a reason why the UMD videos will never work at least i will know and give up hope.

someone else must be unable to play them i cant be the only one

.:PSP1.0:.
April 17th, 2006, 08:52
Have you tried fake updater man?

Accordion
April 17th, 2006, 12:03
no im an idiot

of course i have

CrackA
April 17th, 2006, 14:51
thats nice

grin.ch
April 17th, 2006, 15:52
wow, that's wack! there shouldn't be any reason why a UMD video would require you to upgrade just to watch. That should only be on UMD games. And they shouldn't even be doing that. There's nothing wrong with homebrew. Sony... the *******s...

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 11:52
that is my thought exactly
from what i can tell it is only in europe that UMD Videos need an update, only one that works is kung fu hustle-no update-, ive got two 1.52 requiring UMDs (ghost in the shell and house of flying daggers) which dont work and one 2.0 UMD(sky blue)
if i use version changer they state "the disc cannot be started" the loaders dont work. the swap methodd cant ever work as UMD videos boot directly from the XMB to the title screen of the UMD(there is no boot screen at all in which to swap the disc.(i have even tried swapping from the game boot screen no chance)

what the hell do i do (I bought them before i downgraded so i better not have to update)
it is also ironic that the UMDs that do work are kung fu hustle and spiderman 2 and they are produced by SONY pictures...WTF

the reason the UMD is failing as a product is due to this whole update thing anyway. i havent bought a UMD since i went to 1.5 if i didnt have to update to play them i would have more games and movies. FACT

kersplatty
April 18th, 2006, 11:58
try running them through dax iso loader and select load umd then u should come to a umd emu screen where you an change region and remove update

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 12:40
You pirate!!!

took a while to find it but no it doesnt work either tried every method in the program didnt even try to load the UMD -the disc didnt spin-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.:PSP1.0:.
April 20th, 2006, 09:02
no im an idiot

of course i have

STFU! Was only tryin to help ya!

Gene
April 26th, 2006, 05:45
Will advent childeren work on a 1.5??? i just ordered it off of ebay, i didn't even think that they had those kind of things on UMD's. BUT DOES ADVENT CHILDEREN WORK ON 1.5???????

THE ENGLISH VERSION

GameBoiye
April 26th, 2006, 06:33
No it doesn't. I'm looking for an answer right now too. Requires firmware 2.6 that's gay!

Gene
April 26th, 2006, 07:03
that is bull s**t sony! Bull S**t!

damn. not even the genisis umd loader?

Accordion
April 26th, 2006, 09:18
no loaders run movies because they boot the game section of a umd a movie doesnt have a game boot so they wont load , i wonder why UMD sales continue to drop sony, duh!!

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 17:41
Comome somone must know of an answer

Gene
May 2nd, 2006, 02:41
buy a 2nd psp.....the only answere i have.....

but who has that kind of $$?.......no one....

IndianCheese
May 23rd, 2006, 00:36
Copy the video files from one UMD to an ISO of one that doesn't require an update. It would be pretty weird: You would have the menu from one movie and the actual movie from another!

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 02:24
Copy the video files from one UMD to an ISO of one that doesn't require an update. It would be pretty weird: You would have the menu from one movie and the actual movie from another!
Does that really work?

infernomax
May 23rd, 2006, 04:01

I cant see why that wouldnt work, but then you would just be wasting a ton of space on your memory card, which kinda takes away from the purpose of the actual UMD , You might as well encode in .MP4 and watch>> saving space as opposed to the UMD rip

mib_
June 11th, 2006, 22:02
You can now play 2.0 UMD movies (and music too) using DevHook V0.41a

Tested and working on a UK 1.5 (plays the demo disc too)

Install Devhook 0.41a the same as any other homebrew, and use the firmware installer that comes with it to copy a fw to the memory stick. I used the 2.00 update on my GTA:LCS UMD.

I Set the options in UMD Mount to "UMD Disk", Boot to "Reboot XMB", UMD Version to "2.xx->2.00" and Firmware to "2.00"
(I chose 2.00 firmware and NOT the 2.50+2.00 that most guides recommend because I only installed the 2.00 firmware and not both)

I REMOVED the UMD from the drive, and then selected START in devhook. The PSP rebooted into 2.00.

Insert your UMD movie / music and play as normal. :)

Web Browser also works.

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 01:23
Cool :p
Finally I can play umd movies again!

pkmaximum
June 12th, 2006, 03:40
Yes I'm also excited on the fact that we can all use UMD movies now and a lot of other SONY psp games.

mib_
June 12th, 2006, 21:02
I might actually start buying UMD movies now.... especially as many places are now selling them off cheap. :D