PDA

View Full Version : PSP Games

Gazmec
April 11th, 2006, 21:53
Hello it been along time since I posted a question. I just had my birthday today and my best friend got me metal gear acid game for my uk psp. I notice on the back of the case that there was a marking that look like a region code mark. It is small grided glob with in white with a white two and a black background. I am not sure about this but I thought that psp games where region free and that it was only the umd movie that had a region code. I did think that may be it was to let you know what firmware you had to have on you psp to play that game. But that not it as it is 1.5 firmware game so can someone tell me what it means.

Thank
Gaz

Accordion
April 12th, 2006, 18:22
It is region coding, you will find that on all(atleast the ones I have) as far as i know the region coding refers only to language features and other localisation stuff.
What is strange about the uk metal gear acid is the update on the disc is 1.50 but all uk PSPs are built with firmware 1.52.

I suggest mass conspiracy to enable european users to downgrade. thanks konami. lol

Gazmec
April 13th, 2006, 00:14
So I get you right I could get hold of a Us version of a game and it would work in my uk version psp. Is that correct accordian boy.

Gaz

Accordion
April 17th, 2006, 14:12
been a while

but as far as I know yes games from any region should work on any region psp.
It is up to the developers/publishers to add region coding or not , but the official sony policy is that games should not be region locked
(news has surfaced that all sony produced PS3 games will also be region free... woohoo!!!)