PDA

View Full Version : Real Linux Distro

scarph
April 12th, 2006, 02:25
here you go guys.

http://digg.com/gaming/Linux_on_psp

German people are so smart...just like those vw commercials.

Release date somewhere around mid may.

Currently i'm testing : )
its good

yaustar
April 12th, 2006, 04:54
Sorry but that image looks very fake. I am afraid you need to show something more substantial then an image on imageshack.

TheEmulatorGuy
April 12th, 2006, 05:40
It's fake. Viewing it an a hex editor shows it was EDITED (not just saved) in Adobe Photoshop.

yaustar
April 12th, 2006, 07:41
Nice tip, I have to remember that one.

b8a
April 12th, 2006, 12:04
It's fake. Viewing it an a hex editor shows it was EDITED (not just saved) in Adobe Photoshop.
Not saying it's not fake, but the fact that it was edited in PS means very little. Cropping, resizing (remember that most digital camera images are at least four times the size of the photo without editing), and color correction are very common standard, practical uses for the software. Besides, they could've just popped a doctored photo onto the memory stick, launched up the photo browser, and then taken a screen shot of it, and the end result would never of had to reflect the original photoshop usage.

chickenclaws
April 12th, 2006, 12:46
it looks kinda cool could be a nock off of Oss shell

jas0nuk
April 12th, 2006, 14:51
Awful fake, look how jaggy it is at the bottom right.

Adduc
April 12th, 2006, 18:46
With this being just an image, I have a hard time believing it. As we all know the PSP can display photos, and what's stopping them from taking a screen cap of Linux and putting it on the PSP?

Until video of the distribution working with user interaction is created or the actual thing is released, there's no evidence this is real.

scarph
April 13th, 2006, 02:49
yes its real
don't worry the release date is soon
maybe i can get a video or a beta out
but right now thats all i can show without releaseing the dang thing.

of course i put it into ps, i had to change the contrast and take off the flash

Adduc
April 13th, 2006, 04:45
How 'bout some specs? Size, compatibility with Eloader, etc?

scarph
April 13th, 2006, 05:16
the size is fairly large
probably a little too big for the standard 32 mb bugger.

so far it won't work with anything over 2.0 because it needs to access kernel mode

im thinking it would be cool if you could put your own linux distros on there not just that vector one, but i really dont know anything about linux

yaustar
April 13th, 2006, 20:21
Since you have NOT admitted that the picture is not a mockup, I would have to believe that the entire project is a hoax. The top of the screen is completely out of line in terms of perspective to the bottom and the PSP meaning that it was skewed incorrectly.

Cap'n 1time
April 13th, 2006, 20:48
looks kind of like a rip off of iceWM... more then likely its a modified iceWM. anyway im 99.9% sure this is a fake.

Argandona
April 14th, 2006, 07:01
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, the pic is fake. You just need to search for vector linux in google to find This pic (http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/vectorlinux/docs/miscellaneous/screenshots_vl51/vl51_std_ice_desktop.jpg) . As you can see, they are identical.
I don't know why people love to make fake pics, guess they don't have anything better do do.

Gary13579
April 15th, 2006, 00:33
It's already been proven wrong, but I had photoshop open, so I thought I would prove it wronger.

If you remember back to your last art class, you should have learned something about "vanishing points". These points are where all parallel lines should meet up. The top and bottom of the PSP's screen is parallel with the top and bottom of the PSP, so the vanishing point should be the same. But it's not.
Pretty big image, but I had to make it that big.
http://psp.indocron.org/files/fake_linux.png