PDA

View Full Version : Help With Quake II Please

SnoopKatt
April 12th, 2006, 06:36
Hey,

I downloaded the plain files for Quake II. In that folder, I put everything from my full version of Quake II into there. But when I burned the game (by the way I used Selfboot to compile it), it asks me for the game disk. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.

fackue
April 12th, 2006, 19:39
I don't think the Quake 2 port will play the full version.

SnoopKatt
April 12th, 2006, 22:22
Oh ok, thanks.

Mr_Biggs
April 12th, 2006, 23:54
i think it does support it. i had the same problem in radquake, it asked for the game disk. it turns out you have to burn the pak files to a CD, in specific folders. try burning a CD with a folder named the same as your Q2 folder, then copy the folder with your pak files in it to the Q2 folder on the CD. good luck

fackue
April 13th, 2006, 01:39
You're right. It does support it. Here's the folder structure:

burned Quake II demo version:

\Q2Demo
+- baseq2
+- players
+- pak0.pak

burned Quake II commercial version full install:

\Quake2
+- baseq2
| +- players
| +- video
| +- pak0.pak
| +- scrnshot/quakeXX.pcx or scrnshot/quakeXX.tga (optional)
+- other mod (optional)
+- other mod (optional)
+- games.lst (optional)

Quake II commercial version CD-ROM:

\Install\Data
+- baseq2
+- players
+- video
+- pak0.pak

DCDayDreamer
April 13th, 2006, 02:12
"no sound, no save, can't load huge map"

SnoopKatt
April 13th, 2006, 22:52
Cool, thanks.

Darksaviour69
April 13th, 2006, 23:00
i never tried quake 2 on the dc, tried it once, but no luck. are there any legal issues with makeing cd image with the demo version, up for download?

SnoopKatt
April 13th, 2006, 23:01
I don't believe so.

DCDayDreamer
April 14th, 2006, 10:19
i never tried quake 2 on the dc, tried it once, but no luck. are there any legal issues with makeing cd image with the demo version, up for download?
There's an SBI for Quake 2 available at Sbiffy! with the shareware files included, so there wouldn't be a problem with putting a CD image up for download, here's the link for the SBI:

http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/files/Games/QuakeII-Shareware.sbi

Darksaviour69
April 14th, 2006, 13:24
ta very much mate, i think i tryed an sbi of it before and it didn't work... but it might have been a different one