PDA

View Full Version : PSP with Nintendo Wifi

jd199211
April 12th, 2006, 09:18
Hi,

i was just wondering, is there any way to use your psp with the nintendo wifi usb connector,

i sold my ds for a psp and i still have the ds wifi connector, so i was just wondering if i could use it.

Thanks, JD

DraconumPB
April 12th, 2006, 15:44
Wifi is wifi man, nintendo didn't make 'special' wifi for the ds (which is why both PSP and DS can use ANY wifi hotspot, say, at starbucks or panera ) so therefore, you can indeed use your psp with a ds wifi dongle.

For that matter you can use a laptop or PDA as well.

Good luck though, getting wifi to work on the psp isn't always the easiest thing!````

chaos-is-me
April 12th, 2006, 16:53
Wifi is wifi man, nintendo didn't make 'special' wifi for the ds (which is why both PSP and DS can use ANY wifi hotspot, say, at starbucks or panera ) so therefore, you can indeed use your psp with a ds wifi dongle.

For that matter you can use a laptop or PDA as well.

Good luck though, getting wifi to work on the psp isn't always the easiest thing!````

I believe you are quite wrong. I looked around awhile back and it seemed that the nintendo ds wifi usb thing only works on the nintendo ds. I could be wrong, but i'm almost certain it wont work on anything other than the Ds.

Cooe14
April 12th, 2006, 19:37
I believe you are quite wrong. I looked around awhile back and it seemed that the nintendo ds wifi usb thing only works on the nintendo ds. I could be wrong, but i'm almost certain it wont work on anything other than the Ds.
You are correct the usb thing is not a router; it only works with the DS tough luck.

pkmaximum
April 12th, 2006, 22:10
yes i also agree that this will only work on the Nintendo DS also sony is making alittle wifi thing for the PSP and it sais you will need at least firmware 2.6 so clearly not all wifi works with the PSP.

jd199211
April 12th, 2006, 23:41
ok, thanks heaps for your help.
i had a feeling it could only be used with the ds, just wanted to make sure of it.

Thanks heaps
JD