PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat Set for PSP

wraggster
April 12th, 2006, 18:21
Source IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/701/701377p1.html)

Namco's already given PSP owners the PlayStation staples of Ridge Racer and Tekken (Dark Resurrection is set for Japanese release in July, in case you haven't heard), and now it's turning to another one of its main franchises: Ace Combat. The PSP is getting a new entry in the Ace Combat series, tentatively titled Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.

Ace Combat X promises everything you'd expect of Namco's flight simulation series, including detailed jet models, an original storyline told through CG, options for fine tuning your machines, and plenty of real world jets. Famitsu confirms four jets so far: the F-14D Super Tomcat, Tornado F3, F2-A and MIG-31 Foxhound.
Namco isn't skimping out on the modes of play for this title. Famitsu shares details on the game's campaign mode, where you play as a pilot in the Gryphus Squadron of the Federal Republic of Aurelia. Campaign mode makes use of the Strategic AI System, where the contents of a mission change based on the strategies that you select.

The game will also have a multiplayer mode for up to four players. In addition to a last-man standing dog fight mode, you'll be able to split into teams for cooperative combat. The multiplayer mode seems to be ad-hoc, which is to be expected of most Japanese-developed titles.

Ace Combat's PSP debut is set for the Fall in Japan. A US release has yet to be announced.

grin.ch
April 12th, 2006, 19:06
THAT IS GONNA BE SICK!!! THAT GAME WAS AWESOME FOR PS2!!!!!!!

uhoh_hotdogs
April 12th, 2006, 20:05
Wow. This is going to be sweet! I loved the PS2 releases of the game. I can't wait.

Elsid
April 12th, 2006, 20:08
same here, im sure it's going to be a blast!!

felonyr301
April 12th, 2006, 22:14
cant wait either on this too its gonna rock

idapimp
April 13th, 2006, 01:55
life is good!

kyle2194
April 13th, 2006, 02:53
Ace Combat 4 = Awsome.
Ace Combat X = Hopefully awsome.

QueadlunnRau
April 14th, 2006, 17:44
life is good!

Right now I have a hard on ... Life is better then good ... Life kicks ass because of this news ... God please don't let me get hit by a bus before this game is released!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: