PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator WIP Update)

wraggster
April 12th, 2006, 18:26
PSmonkey has posted some interesting news on his forum here at DCEmu (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104924#post104924):

1-Doom64 actualy makes it ingame (shows the gun) yet 3d is not showing up well.
2-Penny Racers actualy makes it ingame yet 3d also is bad (polygons are going all over the place) (i think bad ucode/microcode).
3-Weltrix is now starting to work (shows the circles going across the screen from the intro).
4-Wonder Project J2 is now working yet it's just a 2d obscure game, 2d also is also showing up badly.

More info via his site here --> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

grin.ch
April 12th, 2006, 19:04
I can't wait for this to be working full speed. It's gonna be sick to play Goldeneye story mode on the go.

jman420
April 12th, 2006, 20:20
THAT IS FREEKIN' SWEET PSMonkey! you kick ass..

And I must say, it was humorous that the other thread had so many morons on it :p

gr42178
April 12th, 2006, 20:22
If you get N64 to actually run games, how are you going to map the buttons? There are 10 buttons on a N64 controller and only 8 (well 9 if u count the home key)....Just curious....

jman420
April 12th, 2006, 20:30
If you get N64 to actually run games, how are you going to map the buttons? There are 10 buttons on a N64 controller and only 8 (well 9 if u count the home key)....Just curious....

its realy quite simple, when your playing any normal game, you never realy use all the buttons, and the d-pad and joystick.. so you just use R on the psp for the "Z" button, L on psp becomes "L" on the N64.. joystick is joystick.. start is, start.. x would probobly be "A" square would probobly be "B"... and I dunno... C-buttons could be the D-pad..

it would be easyest if it could be changed by the user, just because every game has a different set up of how the game is played..

pkmaximum
April 12th, 2006, 21:59
ok I got this buttom mapping from somebody else ono these forums and his idea was pretty good. (Unfort. I don't remember his name)

D-Pad- PSP D-Pad

Joystick- PSP anolog Nub

A-X

B- []

R- R

L- L

Z- O

C-Buttons- press select on the PSP to change d-pad to C-buttons

Start- Start

-And we can use triangle for maybe C up or something for when playing a game like super smash bros.

P.S. great work psmonkey I like to see the constant progress your making on this emulator!

felonyr301
April 12th, 2006, 22:13
wow great job psmonkey keep doing the impossible possible and were be here to cheer you on..

stotheamuel
April 12th, 2006, 23:12
we all should worry about the bottons later..

and psmonkey when you say gun is showing up yet 3d is not showing up well

do you mean you can tell its a gun by looking at it or is it a mesh of colors and you just know its a gun

slayer2psp
April 13th, 2006, 02:31
i dont think this will be playable ever cant do gba how can you do n64

shenske37
April 13th, 2006, 02:39
[i would have posted on the forum, but unfortunately its locked]

i have faith in you PSMonkey, enjoy your well deserved break.
when you do start back on the project again (when your better) could you show the pic of doom64's progress, i'd much like to see the how the gun is looking.
keep it up!

BALL_SAC
April 13th, 2006, 05:49
... Do we get to see any pictures?

sroon
April 13th, 2006, 17:50
I wonder how Duke64 is lookeng.

vettacossx
April 13th, 2006, 18:40
i wish only one thing....that PSMONKEY could somehow contact JABO of the pj64 team and get to know him I AM POSITIVE THAT HE WOLUD BE THE GR8TEST OF ASSETS!
he has had a rediculous amount of experiance in the 64's graphics and recompiler department he created some of the best working 64 video plugins ever!!! and ZILMAR AND PSMONKEY HAVE HAD CHATS IN THE PAST I RECALL.. wonder why i would say this? well check out this interveiw of ZILMAR AND JABO OF THE PJ64 TEAM!!http://www.emulation64.com/pj64interview.php I REMEMBER WHEN THEY GOT IN GAME THE SAME WAY!! LATE 90'S ISH TO EARLY IN YEAR 2000 I THINK IT WAS DONT QUOTE ME....BUT MY POINT IS THEY MAY BE A BIG HELP TO OUR BELOVED PSMONKEY AND HIS AMAZING M64 !! CHECK IT OUT PSMONKEY!! TELL US WHAT YOU THINK??? http://www.emulation64.com/pj64interview.php

Athlonman74
April 13th, 2006, 21:21
Oh and guys...N64 was never true 64-bit. N64 was DUAL 32-bit processors if my memory serves me correctly...

linkandzelda
April 13th, 2006, 22:48
hi im new here and i think this is a very hard thing to do. i started coding this morning and i know how hard it is. just out of interest what are you coding m64 with