PDA

View Full Version : PSPGBA Discontinued

wraggster
April 12th, 2006, 18:39
Im getting old so forgive me, a few weeks ago i contacted PSP298 who released the Game Boy Advance Emulator on our forums (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12848), he told me that he will not be working on the emulator in the future.

<blockquote>With the source code released to public, I feel my part had been done and there is no more work on the emu now.</blockquote>

So there you have it, for those coders who dont like to tread on others toes this could be the time to step in, Sources to the emulator can be found here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgba.shtml

pspfan
April 12th, 2006, 18:54
That sucks, but I had already thought this since there had been no news in forever. Hopefully other people will pick it up...

Cooe14
April 12th, 2006, 19:23
Well it looks like PSP298 is done, Miemt11 has left the country, so are hope for gba lies with Brunni.

Apoklepz
April 12th, 2006, 19:31
Too bad...
At least fix the snapshot feature on the last build before you go....Nah, just kidding.

Hey, you gotta go when you gotta go, period. But seriously...thanks for all the work you have brought to the table.

Here's hoping to somebody giving this emu a tune up soon. I'll be happy when Kindom Hearts is at least visually available...but for now I'm even happy I'm playing CastleVania 2 in 1 (with music in the back thanks to IR Shell).

Don't worry to much people, I'm sure somebody will pick this up.

Yankee_182
April 12th, 2006, 19:47
i got a question, why the GBA emulators and the snes emulator runs soo slow if psp a a prossesor that is much faster that the gba and snes prossesor?

and by the way thats for all the work you do on the GBA emulator we appreciate

Raekwik11
April 12th, 2006, 19:47
disappointing because i thought that the homebrew scene could only get better.
When people leave things behind like that it shows that people are starting to lack interest in homebrew.

April 12th, 2006, 20:01
this sucks i wish someone would actually finish the gba emu

Zephyroth_drgs
April 12th, 2006, 20:36
too bad, hope someone get its working

lilvietquoc
April 12th, 2006, 21:22
homebrew isn't the same as it used to be

bullhead
April 12th, 2006, 21:40
homebrew isn't the same as it used to be
You mean its improved? :confused:

Musoka_Eimin
April 12th, 2006, 22:06
I really hope someone picks up this project, this is one of the emus i'd most like to see as I have a ton of gba carts to convert to roms, seeing as I refuse to play on gba now that I see how good life is with psp lol. This emu I believe is doable but noone wants to put in the work, I only wish I had the knowledge base to do it myself at this point :(

pkmaximum
April 12th, 2006, 22:06
Hmmm its to bad as I also to hope to see my self playing Zelda the Minish Cap on my PSP some day too. But we can only hope a expierenced PSP coder will pick up the project. I would pick it up but this is my first year in college and I don't have a great knowledge of programming in C language yet unfort. :(

felonyr301
April 12th, 2006, 22:11
that sucks im really waiting on this too because i dont like the gba screen now that i play on a psp so im waiting on this well thanks for all you did im sure somebody out there can pick it up and finish it .

chickenclaws
April 12th, 2006, 22:42
You mean its improved? :confused:
Sadly it's dreasticly loseing followers due to firmware updates also fewer 1.5 fw psp to code and practice for

bullhead
April 12th, 2006, 23:01
Aww god. Thats not good. I see what you mean. Coders try out the homebrew on old firmware and now they are difficult to get hold of. Thats a shame. I am very optimistic about it and this information is dissappointing to me. Well, hopefully coders continue their hard work to improve homebrew on the psp and dont give up on it.

LazerTag
April 12th, 2006, 23:01
Hmmm its to bad as I also to hope to see my self playing Zelda the Minish Cap on my PSP some day too. But we can only hope a expierenced PSP coder will pick up the project. I would pick it up but this is my first year in college and I don't have a great knowledge of programming in C language yet unfort. :(

Cheers to PSP298 for you work on this to begin with!

I'm playing Minish Cap on the current release myself. A bit slow, but still playable. Texas Hold'em and Yu-gi-oh play very nice as well.

Timale-Kun
April 13th, 2006, 00:03
Oh Bad News!! but it's like that people have to leave sometimes (maybe personal reason) Good luck for future PSP298.Homebrew Scene isn't dead, so far....;). So as we're talking about GBA Emulator, anyone has some news about Brunni's project (GBA emulator from scratch)... Homebrew scene is the greatest wich could happen to Sony's PSP, 'cuz it make sony more competitive I guess^^

See u guys

NoQuarter
April 13th, 2006, 01:07
Thanx for all the hard work PSP298

Sumo X
April 13th, 2006, 01:50
I hope someone picks up wehre PSP298 left off. He did a great service to the community by getting a functional emu working- I hope someone with coding ability recognizes this and will finish the task.

Makes me wish I would've stuck with learning C when I was in high school. :mad:

Larry
April 13th, 2006, 03:26
this is both bad and good news.
bad cause we dont have the original maker working on it.
but good cause now another experienced homebrewn maker can step in. and fix it all up
get it all nice and clean.

i know Heather(Homer) of Homer's RIN is gonna be happy to get her hands on the source

felonyr301
April 13th, 2006, 04:17
"Homebrew scene is the greatest wich could happen to Sony's PSP, 'cuz it make sony more competitive I guess^^"
ha thats a good one it makes sony more inclined to see how fast can sony get out worthless firmwares with nothing new on it to the community

Joe88
April 13th, 2006, 07:41
I was looking forward to the gba emu.
Oh well , I guess I cant blame them. >_>

dOOmy
April 13th, 2006, 08:32
With all the people working on just absolutely worthless programs like psp radio, pmp media player and psp ftp???? it sucks that the people on the right track (gba emu) are quiting. I was hoping for the ability to play larger files than 16,777 megs(Kingdom Hearts, Sims 2 etc.)

Voltron
April 13th, 2006, 09:12
With all the people working on just absolutely worthless programs like psp radio, pmp media player and psp ftp????

PSP Radio is a really great PSP app. I guess if your home is not set up for wireless broadband you may not find a use for it. But if you have a wireless router, PSP Radio is awesome.

dOOmy
April 13th, 2006, 10:30
Yeah Voltron but i dont think it can compare to just running a program like winamp through your home stereo speakers

ayhoung
April 13th, 2006, 15:47
to anwer ur q about emulation, the psp isnt optimized to play gba games, so it runs it less efficiently. the emulation essentially tricks it into thinking its a gba but since its not, it wud not be able run a homebrew at full speed unless it was like a whacked out computer. it wud take a lot of coding to run emulators at 100%, specially a recent one like gba

chaos-is-me
April 14th, 2006, 00:49
With all the people working on just absolutely worthless programs like psp radio, pmp media player and psp ftp???? it sucks that the people on the right track (gba emu) are quiting. I was hoping for the ability to play larger files than 16,777 megs(Kingdom Hearts, Sims 2 etc.)

My God. You really are ungrateful.

PSP Radio is absolutely brilliant and one of the most polished apps available for the PSP. Emulation isn't the only thing the PSP is good for, homebrew games and apps are brilliant (and most likely more useful.)

Think before you say something else stupid.

Shadowblind
April 14th, 2006, 02:01
there goes the thought of ever playing Zelda minish cap on PSP...

mog
April 14th, 2006, 13:46
I dont really see the point in a gba emulator, it's not like it's going to be any better playing a gba game on the psp than on the actual console.
Both are portible, the screen size is probably the same when in 4:3 aspect and not horibly stretched, the audio won't be amazingly better... i dont really see why the emu is needed.

I understand people dont wanna carry two consoles around, but I would say it is pointless making an emu just for that reason.
I never have a problem carrying both around, get a better carrying case that can hold both.
Infrastructure network play would probably be the only advantage, if that was ever coded in, but still...

The only reason I can see most people want this is emu, is just to be able to illegally play games that they dont own, which are still available in the shops. :rolleyes:

Well done to the coder tho for getting so far, and showing it can be done. Probably the only good reason for creating this was for the challenge on the programming side.

tophead420
April 20th, 2006, 10:45
man this sucks gba on a psp is awsome i like it finished or unfinished but if it ran a bit faster thatd b cool but i guess ill set here and dream lol and a job well done psp298 4 the work u done on it :D

pkmaximum
April 20th, 2006, 15:43
lets pray this never happens to PSmonkey because we all want an n64 emu. :)