PDA

View Full Version : Konami Unveils Silent Hill Psp!

wraggster
April 13th, 2006, 17:38
Source - CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=137436)

Japanese giant Konami has quietly divulged its current crop of titles to US retailers for this year and, despite a couple of notable omissions including Pro Evo and MGS 4, they make for some interesting reading.
Most important perhaps is a new Silent Hill remake for PSP entitled Original Sin, which is set for release in October and will feature the original game's storyline with a few added plot diversions to add lashings of extra horror.

The Nintendo DS sees another Castlevania sequel in the form of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, which cracks a whip on November 15, while the new Bomberman Act Zero will be debuting on 360 and PSP on December 7. Another big franchise gets a reworking with Death Jr. 2 swinging its scythe for arrival on the PSP on October 18 and a new Death Jr iteration for Nintendo DS, entitled Science fair of Doom, arriving one week later.

Other titles on the Konami horizon? Well, if you're a fan of the DDR series, the shortly-to-be-released-in-the-arcade DDR Supernova arrives on the PS2 in September, with DDR Universe hitting 360 on October 11. The current gen Xbox gets a dose of DDR Ultramix 4 on November 14. For those home warblers amongst you, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol hits the PS2 in November.
All dates are US only for the moment and, this close to E3, Konami isn't commenting on any prospective European release dates. But of course, we'll learn more at the show, and we hope we'll get some hands-on time with Silent Hill: Original Sin PSP in just under a month's time.

nick.kerkhof
April 13th, 2006, 17:47
i knew that there wil be a horror game on the psp, i expect alone in the dark, but silent hill. is going to rock 2

bullhead
April 13th, 2006, 18:04
Imagine...
Sitting in your bed, earphones turned up loud, a noise down the hallway, and some big monster comes out of nowhere, no warning, you crap yourself, then you wet the bed, no escape from silent hill...

ryan2006
April 13th, 2006, 18:18
this is gr8 jus wat the psp needed this shood be a must own title ive only ever played the original wen it was 1st released probs wen i was about 8 lol im 16 now and loved it

grin.ch
April 13th, 2006, 19:46
this game is gonna be tight. I'm gonna download it when I get home. JK. I have a v1.50 and I couldn't play it anyway. Plus, I'm not really down with .ISOs

Apoklepz
April 14th, 2006, 02:02
Bullhead Wrote:

"Imagine...
Sitting in your bed, earphones turned up loud, a noise down the hallway, and some big monster comes out of nowhere, no warning, you crap yourself, then you wet the bed, no escape from silent hill..."

...What if it's bringing you a nice cold Mountain Dew?
If it keeps up with the old formula or betters it....
This one is worth getting.

muffinman
April 14th, 2006, 10:09
deffinatly worth a buy if someone makes 1.5's able to play version 3 games :)

Cloud_35
April 15th, 2006, 03:37
Cool! :), but personally I'd prefer a remake of Parasite Eve 1 or 2, or even the third chapter!!!
I'm sure that should go well...

Flipao
April 15th, 2006, 15:09
Been playing it for a few days now on a PSX emu... it has this Jacob's Ladder vibe to it... it's creepy as hell, I mean Resident Evil can give you the odd jump... but this is a straight up shot of horror... I'm freakin overdosing here :)

yamaneko
April 17th, 2006, 12:45
Yeah YEah YEah Yeah...