PDA

View Full Version : How to Install Free_McBOOT on your USB Drive?

Mitchyy
July 10th, 2009, 16:42
Hey, i've a question. I've downloaded Free_McBOOT 1.8, and put it on my USB.

My USB Drive only contains the INSTALL folder, and the FREE_MCBOOT.ELF file.

The INSTALL folder contains: BOOT.ELF, ESR.ELF, HDUPLOADER.ELF and SMS.ELF

But when i put the USB Drive in the ps2, and i turn it on, nothing happens. Can someone help me:confused:, ?

Thanx, Mitchyy. (Sorry for my bad englisch, i'm Dutch :))

VampDude
July 11th, 2009, 17:36
You need an Action Replay CD.

GONZYTRIZZIA
July 12th, 2009, 08:14
You have two choices:

1.- Ask for an PS2 already exploited, so youŽll can manage the files on your usb drive. Put your memory card on the slot 1 and youŽll have to execute the BOOT.ELF (or SMS.ELF, try both them) of the INSTALL folder. This action will trigger uLaunchElf installation.

2.- Or, youŽll have to get an Action Replay Max (or CodeBreaker... I tried with GameShark and didnŽt work I donŽt know why) so you can access your usb drive and proceed like the first theme.

My english is not too good, maybe someone here can give more details :)

Good luck!!

Mitchyy
July 12th, 2009, 22:56
Hey guys, thanx for the answers :):) I'm going to try them out, i let you know when it goes wrong ore when it works :P

VampDude
July 12th, 2009, 23:26
Action Replay is the best disc for doing so, since it comes with a Media Manager disc... Which for some reason I have three?

The Media disc sets up the files on the USB device, and then from the Action Replay the files can be accessed and loaded from the menus.

Mitchyy
July 13th, 2009, 15:06
How do you mean three? Can i download Action Replay?

arcadekidflo
July 13th, 2009, 20:42
You could also buy Swap Magic 3.8 Coder ( only one that works ) , you install FMCB then sell the disc so someone who wants to play backups using it .

Mitchyy
July 14th, 2009, 11:31
Yeah, i think im going to do that. Thanx man, See ya around ;)