PDA

View Full Version : uncopyable files

katachristic
July 11th, 2009, 22:12
anyway to circumvent this?
same ? 4 gc

also can gc save files be transferred to my pc in any way?

VampDude
July 11th, 2009, 22:19
Yes, a GameCube file can be save to your PC via a Gecko...

Or if you have a homebrew enabled Wii, you can transfer the data from your GameCube card/cards to the SD.

katachristic
July 13th, 2009, 02:59
cool!
how do i actually do it though?
i.e. what app do i need?

btw when i said uncopyable files i meant the wii ones too. like SSBB, GHWT, Pkmn bat. rev. etc.
if you use the normal wii save data menu then the copy and move options are transparent say that the data cant be copied/moved.

VampDude
July 14th, 2009, 17:04
For the GameCube titles: GCMM (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM)

For the Wii: SaveGame Extractor (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Extractor)

They are both relatively easy to use, with on-screen instructions. :cool:

katachristic
July 14th, 2009, 20:43
thanx for the help!

katachristic
July 16th, 2009, 18:56
crap! another big uh-oh.
with GCMM you can only restore the protected savegames if it is to the same memory card and it has not been formatted
(read limitations on wiibrew)
sadly this would defeat the purpose (in case the mem. card was corrupted and needed to be formatted)

2) is this wiisavegameextractor supposed to show up as a homebrew app? i pasted the folder directly into the apps folder and i didnt see anything.

VampDude
July 16th, 2009, 21:54
The extractor for the Wii saves, is a homebrew application which should display within the channel... When the application is loaded, you need the game for the saves you are extracting/installing in order for it to function.

With the GCMM application you can restore/backup just about any save file, which for me is my entire GC collection.

- - -

Is it by any chance that you are new to the homebrew scene? Because you have the strangest problems.

katachristic
July 17th, 2009, 04:49
i had the game in and as i said i pasted the folder strait into the apps folder after downloading and unpacking it so thats kinda jacked up.
it should at least show up. im going to experiment w/ renaming the folder

as for the gc one i havent tried it yet im just being careful here b/c the instructions actually tell you that it will delete your files and then later states that a certain array protected savegames have had a history of not wanting to be restored.

as for the last question the only answer to that turns into a long story which i will PM to u.