PDA

View Full Version : new/old to dreamcast

DougyJ01
July 12th, 2009, 12:39
i was wondering if there are still any active homebrew and other ports for dreamcast

VampDude
July 12th, 2009, 15:32
There are still a few active homebrew projects on the Dreamcast, though the scene is slowing (except for the interest of the new SD device).

BlueCrab
July 12th, 2009, 16:29
i was wondering if there are still any active homebrew and other ports for dreamcast

I still actively do stuff for the Dreamcast, and I know there are plenty of others still working on it. I sadly haven't had the time to work on Dreamcast-related projects that I'd like to have due to other obligations (as well as an unrelated program that I find myself working on lately).

DougyJ01
July 13th, 2009, 02:18
i know a little bit about the dreamcast and i love it ive already got the vga mod and alot of games what kind of stuff can the dreamcast support?

Eviltaco64
July 13th, 2009, 21:41
i know a little bit about the dreamcast and i love it ive already got the vga mod and alot of games what kind of stuff can the dreamcast support?

It supports Audio CDs. You can play MP3 CDs on Dreamcast through the use of a homebrew MP3 player application (the same goes for VCDs).

You can also play DVD quality videos in DCDivX, though they may run a little slow.

Eric
July 17th, 2009, 17:20
IberDC from Dreamcast.es is working on homebrew projects and you should be seeing a project by them every weekend. LOL by them i think only one person right now is working on projects for the Dreamcast. I did a whole look out for open sources last weekend and it is now becoming more difficult to find great games to port to Dreamcast. But we should see more interesting projects along the way.

StryfeDc
July 22nd, 2009, 14:30
Don't forget the open source project known as "ScummVM (http://www.scummvm.org/)". The "1.0.0" revision is coming out soon.