PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast HD (is it possible?)

Mr_Biggs
April 14th, 2006, 02:34
Hi all, ive heard that it could be possible to rip GD-ROMs from the serial port on a DC. could it also be possible to attach a HDD with an interface of some sort so the DC can read files from a HDD? if so, i would put every effort into making a interface for a HDD. gotta learn advaced electronics first, though.

Dull Blade
April 14th, 2006, 07:21
Yes but discussion of it is illegal, I will warn ye for the futur, discussing GD ripping will probably get you banned. Next I dont know about the HDD question.

And finaly in before the Admins.

kohan69
June 17th, 2006, 10:02
Yes Dull Blade, we don't want to hurt the sales of Dreamcast games, or Sega might stop the production of the dreamcast!

It WAS done Biggs, not ripping, but using BSD, someone made a custom interface with a hd

Ripping games however - i believe the developer machine had hds to emulate gdroms, they were scsi afaik

Elven6
July 5th, 2006, 17:13
Either way Rupping games is not allowed unless you live in some messed up country. Why would you want to rip games when hackers (Who are know being tried for this) have ripped them all?

Edit: I read somewhere about installing a harddrive on the Dreamcast but I can't find the site. It required you to open your Dreamcast and solder the harddrive parts in, and then the Harddrive its self.

Mr_Biggs
August 4th, 2006, 03:19
well, soldering isnt a problem for me, as i once took an NES controller apart and turned it into a universal tv remote. im not worried about a DC HDD anymore, i have a DS with a flashcart so all my gaming, music and whatever needs are satisfied now. thanks guys!

mlcurly16
August 10th, 2006, 15:15
(Does DS have anything at all to do with Dreamcast? :P)

Yeah, I read that thing about the HD interface back on DCForums a few years ago. Let me try to find it again...

quzar
August 10th, 2006, 23:43
http://www.syncscroller.net/dc/dc-ide.html

acn010
August 10th, 2006, 23:45
dreamcast is still on?

Mark30001
August 15th, 2006, 03:05
I would love the idea of a Dreamcast HD.

It could save millions of blank Memorex CD-Rs! :D